Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Administrator
59,684 Posts
Just watch what bulb you do put in. A lot of people take the gauge panel apart, and look at the bulb and right away think it is the 194 that is used on the outside turn signals. It is the same bulb, but they make it in a dozen or so different brightnessess. The dash takes one that is not as bright ( also read not as hot). Using the 194, often leads to the dash gauge assmebly melting, sometimes it is just the colored cover, other times it is the spot where the bulb mounts.

·
Registered
353 Posts
That's a good point. I have bought new ones with 3W power what seems to be the same power like before. If I ever drive a longer distance with headlights I should maybe turn down the brightness a bit.

·
Administrator
59,684 Posts
That is where the LEDs help, you can go brighter without all the heat buildup.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Exactly, that's the main point of using LEDs

·
Registered
353 Posts
If I would like to have a perfect car I had not bought a Ramcharger ;) For really worse things or where you can't see it (better rubbers etc.) I can live with technical upgrates. All other things should stay as original as possible.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 · (Edited)
I'm on my way to the coast(Gdynia) for regatta. I'll be racing on these yachts all weekend. Yeah baby!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
King of silicone was here o_O :LOL:

Everything was disassembled, cleaned and now slowly being put together.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My driver's side armrest was heavily worn-out and spongy in some places. I removed it and the rear mounting plate was literally in pieces.
View attachment 616826 View attachment 616827

I removed the old filling, glued it(in at least 10 steps) and injected with some low expansion spray foam. Unfortunately the foam became rock solid, it looks nice but..

View attachment 616828

One piece of advice for someone who’s going to do the same, if you wanna keep your armrest nice and soft - use some soft filling mounting foam(check first how it feels) but don’t inject too much of it.
I've been wondering about this. My 92 CTD project needs armrests too. After reading this I think i might just give it a try. Thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
I've been wondering about this. My 92 CTD project needs armrests too. After reading this I think i might just give it a try. Thanks
Thanks for the the kind words. It's not rocket science, all you need is time, patience and glue(at least in my case). Good luck and share your progress with us!

201 - 210 of 210 Posts