Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my fuel pump and the whole assembly is crusty.  I looked online for the entire assembly and I only see the 1991 assembly and the electrical plug looks different.  Does anyone know where to purchase the entire assembly for a 1990 model and what the part number is?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
If its like the 88 and 89s, its a very tough piece to find and should be re-used.  The fuel pump itself is easily changed without changing the assembly.
Unless you broke a nipple off, re-use it.

What exactly does crusty mean?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sending unit is covered in rust and the float arm does not move up and down freely enough.  It will stay full once filled and not give an accurate fuel reading.  The pump. And strainer I can probably change out, just worried about the fuel gauge working.  Has anyone tried to retrofit the 91 to 93 unit?

·
Registered
1990 w-150 ramcharger
1 Posts
I recently disassembled mine. It was crusty also. They do not like ethanol. I scrapped every bit clean and also the fuel reader. It's a tedious job with the fragile brass fingers, but now it is a rare unattainium, there isnt much choice. Doing a rough country 4" lift, having to remove fuel tank to get bolts out( can't believe they put them in backwards) so I'll be going thru it again. The top seal is leaking. I hope it's not a broken something in there. But after cleaning the first time , fuel gauge works, which is comforting at 11mpg.

·
Registered
29,341 Posts
1988 thru 1991 TBI fuel injection pump module is designd to be at HOME completely rebuilable , hence they are no longer made by anyone anywhere = clean it up , fix it up because thats all you get

·
Registered
45 Posts
They can be repaired:

·
Registered
29,341 Posts
They can be repaired:

that should be broken up into sevral howto's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts