Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1990 dodge D-350 with 360
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1990 dodge d-350 with a 360TBI it back fires through the intake and wont stay idling, only way i can drive it and keep it running is if i hold the gas, its got a new fuel pump, idle air control valve, and other sensors were replaced by the previous owner. i would like as much help as possible,

·
Registered
28,128 Posts
l,d say your EGR valve is stuck open or a major vacuum leak

·
Registered
28,128 Posts
a can of carb cleaner [ use the small tube that comes with it as a pin point spray ] and slow spray around the intake [ short bursts at a time ] when the idle either go's up or down and theres your leak

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a can of carb cleaner [ use the small tube that comes with it as a pin point spray ] and slow spray around the intake [ short bursts at a time ] when the idle either go's up or down and theres your leak
ok ill give that a shot, i also have a about a quarter tank of gas but the fuel pump is acting like theres no gas

·
Super Moderator
14,064 Posts
ok ill give that a shot, i also have a about a quarter tank of gas but the fuel pump is acting like theres no gas
Have you checked codes and fuel pressure?

·
Registered
28,128 Posts
found out if i unplug my map sensor it idles, so i have a bad MAP sensor
NOT necessarily that just puts the puter in OPEN loop and it runs on a SET sensor readings , you need to pull the CODES [ link to procedure below ]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NOT necessarily that just puts the puter in OPEN loop and it runs on a SET sensor readings , you need to pull the CODES [ link to procedure below ]

ok so i discovered something, my truck is a 1990 my engine is a 1989, and it used to have a carb on it, it also has 390 heads on it, i have no check engine light on either, i checked for codes but didnt get anything

·
Registered
28,128 Posts
ok so i discovered something, my truck is a 1990 my engine is a 1989, and it used to have a carb on it, it also has 390 heads on it, i have no check engine light on either, i checked for codes but didnt get anything
you hadta do it wrong as it should get at the minimum codes 12 and 55 , also the [check engine light] CEL does not hafta be ON to have codes in the computer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts