Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it best to stick with a good OEM pump or change it out when you have the opportunity?

I dropped the tank on my 1990 W150S to clean it out and take care of some frame rust. I have an OEM green top 1991 style pump w/sending unit. I don't know how much life this one has left in it mine with only about 100K miles on it (although 29 years old), but I'm not liking the aftermarket options. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Both crap nowadays, walbro fuel pumps is where its at nowadays  .  And carter also crap ,used to be good, no longer

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I say keep the OEM but for a different reason- risk of breaking the nipples on the fuel module trying to remove the lines-  They dont make them anymore.  Its not a coincidence everyone always needs one on here.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
He says he has a 91 module, tank i would assume. in a 90 vehicle.  Isn't  91 the screw on and below 90-88 is clamp on if so walbro makes the whole assembly for 91. If i remember  correctly, i looked all this crap up last year.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Its ssupposed to be but he said a green top?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Just saw that again green top is clamp on 88- 90

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I would also use a stainless fuel injection hose clamp, even if you didn't have fuel injection.  They seal much better and they don't tear into the jacket like the worm gear.               
        Although if you look at some of the aftermarket modules  for fuel injection. On the in-tank hose they use a regular worm type clamp. Go figure, not nice.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Dont know, call walbro/ti speak with someone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.