Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a new question for you experts. My W150 has
32x11.50 tires on it. They were on there when I bought it.
Well, one has worn out before the rest. I'm trying to find
a used one to match because the others are probably ok
until the fall. I'm having trouble finding a tire. I'm thinking about going back to stock rims. Can someone tell me what
original tire and rim sizes came on it? And what range of tire
sizes can be used on the stock rims? I'm thinking the smaller
width tires will help handling and fuel mileage a little.

Thanks,
WOD in VA

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Original tire size was probably 235/75R15 on 6.5 inch rim. There was an option for 31 inch tires and a 7 inch aluminum rim. I say buy some aftermarket rims that are 15x8 and go with the 31's

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
300le is correct, and i agree with his solution to the problem as well.

Duane

·
Registered
178 Posts
I also agree with the other guys ive been in tires for 10 years 31x1050rx15s are dime a dozen compared to 32x1150rx15s also the 8" wheels shouldnt be hard to come by the 5on5.5 bolt pattern is also shared by 1/2 ton ferds.Also by jeeps from the late 70 early 80s era.Any after market 5on5.5 bolt pattern wheel is made with the largest hub diameter so it can cover many different aplications.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Get alum rims if your after mpg and performance.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
thegrimreaper said:
I also agree with the other guys ive been in tires for 10 years 31x1050rx15s are dime a dozen compared to 32x1150rx15s also the 8" wheels shouldnt be hard to come by the 5on5.5 bolt pattern is also shared by 1/2 ton ferds.Also by jeeps from the late 70 early 80s era.Any after market 5on5.5 bolt pattern wheel is made with the largest hub diameter so it can cover many different aplications.
nope. fords an jeeps use the 5 x 4.5. i pulled a set of rims off a Jeep cherokee used on a friends Wrangler once an compared to the Fords. there all 5 x 4 1/2

gotta watch out on that one.

·
Registered
178 Posts
nope. fords an jeeps use the 5 x 4.5. i pulled a set of rims off a Jeep cherokee used on a friends Wrangler once an compared to the Fords. there all 5 x 4 1/2

gotta watch out on that one.
1/2ton ferds have been 5on5.5 for the last 25 years late 80 through 90 jeeps are 5o4.5 thats why i said late 70 early eighty jeeps had 5on5.5 i know my last set of 15x8 5on5.5 spoke wheels on my 85 2wd dodge p/u are from a jeep cj-5 or7 cant remember the only reason im sure is because tires is my job for the last 10 years and i consider myself pretty good at my job.The years on the jeep might not be 100%accurate but failey close. ;D

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Jeeps an oddball. the older Cherokees had a 6 lug.

i know Chysler cars use 5 lug 4.5 and so do mustakes an other ford cars. small bronco (Bronco II ) use the 4.5

however watch that center hole. tried a ford 5 lug 5.5 Stock Rim to match up to my RC an the center section was to small for the axle hub.

good to know bout the older jeeps. when surfin for rims i take my ruler an measure the bolt pattern an the center then the rim width. anything less than 8in is a waste for an RC unless 2x

what sux is my 66 Barracuda runs 5 lug 4 inch. try finding those

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jeeps an oddball. the older Cherokees had a 6 lug.

i know Chysler cars use 5 lug 4.5 and so do mustakes an other ford cars. small bronco (Bronco II ) use the 4.5

however watch that center hole. tried a ford 5 lug 5.5 Stock Rim to match up to my RC an the center section was to small for the axle hub.

good to know bout the older jeeps. when surfin for rims i take my ruler an measure the bolt pattern an the center then the rim width. anything less than 8in is a waste for an RC unless 2x

what sux is my 66 Barracuda runs 5 lug 4 inch. try finding those
Yes i agree obout the ferd centers i had to die grind the center on the jeep wheels i used same applies for some of the ferd wheels also, doesnt take muchjust a couple of thousands of an inch which is ok because the wheel is stud pilot not hub pilot.aftermarkets are pretty much ok because they like to cover all applications like i mentioned before.2wd dakotas use 5on4.5 also ferd exploders do also as well as rangers.What kind of wheels do you want for your barracuda besides 5on4" bolt pattern,14"15"16" what width and or styles i might be able to source some for you if i know what you would be interested in :)

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
i was worried about shaving the inside hole of the rim. paranoid pessimistic person i am.

for my barracuda i want a set of ralleys or Cop car style in a 14x6 front an 14x7or 8 rear.
id take the same in 15s if i had too. id be worried about rubbing though. ideally when i put 4 wheel disc im going to find a set of 17in low profiles made by Stockton Wheel an have em make a set of the Cop car style rims with the small hub cap. but as thats a few thousand dollars an years away ill take what i can get now

·
Registered
178 Posts
willy J said:
i was worried about shaving the inside hole of the rim. paranoid pessimistic person i am.

for my barracuda i want a set of ralleys or Cop car style in a 14x6 front an 14x7or 8 rear.
id take the same in 15s if i had too. id be worried about rubbing though. ideally when i put 4 wheel disc im going to find a set of 17in low profiles made by Stockton Wheel an have em make a set of the Cop car style rims with the small hub cap. but as thats a few thousand dollars an years away ill take what i can get now
shouldn't have to worry about rubbin with 15s as long as you match up the overall height,you will end up with a lower profile tire but typically 15" rubber is a lot more available and usually better priced than 14" when it comes to decent proformance stuff.I will do some diggin the next couple of days at work and see what i can come up with.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
cool. thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.