Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the turn signal switch in my 1989 Power Ram (non-tilt steering). Parts chain stores don't have it. The local Dodge dealership parts dept has it listed as a discontinued part. The tilt and non-tilt switches are different part numbers / designs, so I'm told. It was also used in the Ramchargers, so I thought I'd post here for help from you Mopar brothers. Does anyone know of a source for one of these ? I'd prefer new or NOS, if possible. If scrounging a used one is my only option, what donor vehicles and year range could I get this from ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Unless some one here has one wrecking yard is only choice.  Same switch from at least 1980.  Check non air bag, non tilt cars and trucks.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
theres one on ebay right now. mopar 4373048

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
According to my books, it should be 4373200, which supercedes to 56003555.  Both are discontinued and are listed as used in '88-'90.

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
Elwenil said:
According to my books, it should be 4373200, which supercedes to 56003555. Both are discontinued and are listed as used in '88-'90.
That is correct, it is different then my 86.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Elwenil is right.  looked on my shelf but never realized i got the wrong one til now, 11 years later.

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
Thats about as bad as taking two steering columns apart and then finding they are different.  :p

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
only the "cam" portion is available from LMC truck , if your's is repairable ...  fits from 88 to 90

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
According to the Dodge dealership here, the original part number was 04373198, then changed to 56003555.
Looks like I'll be tearing into local parts trucks. Thanks all for the help !

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
4373198 is not the correct part number. That number is listed for a van. They all seem to supersede to the 56003555 number, so it might work, but it's technically an error on the part of your parts guy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.