Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 rc with the 360 in it. I also have a complete 440 that has a little work done to it. It is built for the low end and torque which is just about a given with it. I have read the posts on here and understand most of the swap stuff that needs to be got and done. I have already upgrade to the hydro boost brake set up. My questions are will the electric fuel pump work or do I need to change to something else. I also want the a/c to work. What all do I need to do to complete this task? Thanks for all replies. Love my ramcharger. and finally I have the bb trans but it is from a 2wd truck  How do i make my transfer case work?

G

·
what year is the 440?

you may have to buy a/c pump that will bolt up or fabracate it and make it work

i dont think that big block trans, will work with a transfer case, cause isnt the tailshaft different on it?

i dont know about the fuel pump

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Your fuel pump probably puts out around 15psi which will be too much for a carb.  You can get a different pump which will mean dropping the tank, or simply go with a pressure regulator to protect your carb.  And you'll have to re-wire the pump as the power for it is controlled by your ECU.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Would you use the fuel line with the in-tank fuel pump still attached to the end of it? 

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok im just throwing this out their Do have to deal with smog like i do cuz if u do it will never pass with a 440 to old of an motor for your 89.

But if you dont I would try goin to Advanced adapters to have that tranny matted to the np 241 t-case.

·
Registered
223 Posts
        will the fuel pump work? yes ,find the trigger wire to the ecm in the fuel pump solenoid  wires,and add a regulator ,or swap out the hole tank for a 86 and down tank "which is the way i choose"

will the a/c work?  if u can find the brackets for a 440 with a/c and adapt the old fittings on compressor to newer style lines on the rc. I think buchilon performance has adaptors to run sanden compressors on a 440

how do i make the transfer case work?  shop for a small block tranny 4x4,or use yours. take to tranny shop get them to swap the internals to the bb case .  next option is to find a divorced 205.
    hope this helps i have done this swap in my 88 the big items were a brezee thee small details u forget  are a pain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts