Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals, I'm currently rebuilding a 1989 ramcharger. Unfortunately I've run into an issue with the fuel sending unit and am looking for a replacement. If anyone has any ideas on where I can locate another one please let me know this sending unit is the last thing I need to get her running

·
Registered
28,618 Posts
howdy and welcome / l see NOTHING wrong with yours , just so you know they have NOT made that UNIT is 30 years so good luck finding one . on the bright side the 1988 to 1991 fuel sender is designed to be completely rebuildable

WHATS wrong with yours

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys and gals, I'm currently rebuilding a 1989 ramcharger. Unfortunately I've run into an issue with the fuel sending unit and am looking for a replacement. If anyone has any ideas on where I can locate another one please let me know this sending unit is the last thing I need to get her running View attachment 618230 View attachment 618231
howdy and welcome / l see NOTHING wrong with yours , just so you know they have NOT made that UNIT is 30 years so good luck finding one . on the bright side the 1988 to 1991 fuel sender is designed to be completely rebuildable

WHATS wrong with yours
The bober is broken and there's alot of rot inside the component that tells how much fuel is in the talk along with the broken nozzles on the top. It has been sitting in that tank for the past 20 years on my dad's propertyand condensation got to it bad. It's currently at Tri Starr transmission, they said they can rebuild it but the line is long. I am just reaching out looking for alternatives on the cance they may not want to fix it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And if you can't tell by now this is my first rebuild I am completely new at this

·
Registered
28,618 Posts
the broken nozzles on the top.
there are NO broken nipples on the top , the one with the black thing is the broken fuel line and NOT the sender / below is what a sender top looks like with NO broken fuel line bungs on it

Reactions: Emery

·
Registered
28,618 Posts
here is what one looks like WITH a broken nipple

·
Registered
28,618 Posts
besides there a "howto" fix a fuel sender with broken nipples and its real easy , the $50 dollar fuel pump can be had at any parts store and the "spiral" steel line thats rusted is easy to make or just toss it as its really not needed

Reactions: Big Steve

·
Registered
28,618 Posts
DUDE , that fuel line adapter comes right off , your GREEN top sender is fine , look at diagram , the BLACK thing is an ADAPTER that comes right off , the NIPPLES are GREEN , l see two nipples on your sender and a black adapter , take the frigging thing off and fix your truck

·
Registered
28,618 Posts
there are NO broken nipples on the top , the one with the black thing is the broken fuel line and NOT the sender / below is what a sender top looks like with NO broken fuel line bungs on it

View attachment 618408

take the BLACK fuel line adpater off so you have THREE green nipples like the photo above

1 - 10 of 10 Posts