Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the site got my 1989 D250 360efi 4000 lbs rear axle 8lug 2wd post pics soon she is in the shop right now getting a new steering knuckle and bearings bearing broke and actually got hot enough to melt around the spindle nut so have to replace it all  :mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its been awhile but here is my daily driver she just got $563 of work in the front end

last pic is of my girl friends dead uncles 1983 dodge 150 the brown 89D250 is mine and the other white one is a 1981 custom 150 with blue pin stripes its a parts truck but i don't know much about it under the hood it says trailduster but its faded so not sure its got a slant 6

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Good truck for the price. Looks like you're ready to go!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i need help i want to lift this truck but can't find a kit for it its a 2wd all i can find is for a 4x4 i mainly just want it for looks

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
1989D250 said:
i need help i want to lift this truck but can't find a kit for it its a 2wd all i can find is for a 4x4 i mainly just want it for looks
Lol if they don't make them theres probably good reason. ::)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well they should make one i don't want to buy another truck i have 5 and i don't want to convert this one to 4x4 to much work

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
1989D250 said:
question 4 you guys will 2005 3500 rear seat fit in ?
technically speaking, you could make it fit.
but it won't be a bolt-in.

you got a nice hauler there, keep her that way and save your money. if you want to build and lift something, by a W-something.

welcome to the site.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
one more thing,

you're supposed to mow first, then park, then let the weeds grow around it.  ;D

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Looks cool, I like the D-200s though, so...

It looks really low, I would be inclined to think the springs are sagging.

For a 2wd you might just need to get springs to lift it, it might not be as easy. I wouldn't lift it any more than to get modest-sized good tires on it.

I've only seen wood on the bed when it's bent.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
85 Royal SE Prospector said:
It looks really low, I would be inclined to think the springs are sagging.

For a 2wd you might just need to get springs to lift it, it might not be as easy. I wouldn't lift it any more than to get modest-sized good tires on it.
there's alot more to lifting the front of a 2wd than springs. you have some geometry issues to address (or maintain). i bet there has never been 2wd lift coil springs for the front offered by anybody since that truck pre-dates the pre-runner craze.
you'd be better off relocating or "dropping" the control arm mounts and using the stock springs. then you'd probably need a dropped pitman arm. that would require a considerable amount of cutting and welding and it would have to be precise.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
ain't nothin wrong with that.
you'll have a nice truck that can do some respectable haulin for you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks ill have to get pics of the front end back together with the grill in

still have to work out some bugs interior lights dont work gauges work sometimes usually works if you slap the dash a few times and the roof lights work until i hit a bump ha ha

1 - 20 of 35 Posts