Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a y pipe for my 88. Nobody has one in stock anywhere. I came up with Walker #40405. Any other numbers that will work? The ones for the Ramcharger are available but since the part number is different I'm assuming there is something different about it. Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

·
Registered
29,341 Posts
the reason for the difference is the 1988 to 1991 are TBI fuel injection and they have a "oxygen sensor" in the left manifold and they NO longer have the "heat riser" in the right manifold , technically the y-pipe is the same to a point - the hieght and or flange might be taller/shorter but the basic alignment is the same

Note / my local muff muff shop will buzz up a y-pipe for a $100 bucks

Reactions: 88Beater

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the reason for the difference is the 1988 to 1991 are TBI fuel injection and they have a "oxygen sensor" in the left manifold and they NO longer have the "heat riser" in the right manifold , technically the y-pipe is the same to a point - the hieght and or flange might be taller/shorter but the basic alignment is the same

Note / my local muff muff shop will buzz up a y-pipe for a $100 bucks
Thanks for that. I had no idea they could make one up and at that price. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
29,341 Posts
Thanks for that. I had no idea they could make one up and at that price. I'll look into it.

well thats MY shop and not yours so the price could be different , but check it out

·
Registered
29,341 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
yes the walker web site will show a pix of the pipe , the one with out a catalytic converter is available , look it up for a w 350 .....

·
Registered
986 Posts
last I checked Walker was about 3 weeks backordered on most everything.

Try part #94909...thats an AP number...looks like rock auto has one.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
just got a y pipe , no cats , no waiting .. 360 w350

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that # 40405 is a good number and just about every one has it in stock

Summit says they'll special order it for you, problem is, my local NAPA called Walker and they said they're out of stock and don't know when they'll have more. All the major parts houses usually carry it but they are out of stock. I did manage to locate one in Quebec on ebay, $120 shipped so I'm set. Thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
last I checked Walker was about 3 weeks backordered on most everything.

Try part #94909...thats an AP number...looks like rock auto has one.
OK, just got a message from the seller in Quebec that they are out of stock too. So I ordered #94909 and saved a little money money in the process. Thanks for the part number.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts