Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Administrator
31,525 Posts
Post up a ton of pics, and we can tell you what has been done (just not why). It is an interesting rig for sure.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
How long has it been sitting? If it's been over a year or so you might as well pull that Holley carburetor and rebuild it before you even try starting it to avoid a engine fire, both the accelerator pump and power valve will fail in very short order, one leaks onto the engine the other into the intake.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
just by what you said l,ll give you $300 bucks = NO motor info and weather it runs at all as the battery is NOT hooked up , is it a 318 someone butchered a 4 bl on or a 360 / 5 speed tranny with a 3 speed switch = please explain this in detail , it has some kind of funky heater hose setup , does the winch work
I am starting up this week, he told me he had a special drive shaft made so that he could put in a 5 speed transmission from a newer model dodge, normally this would bother me but he was a machinist... anyways according to him it still drives like a normal transmission except that he has a toggle switch to go from 3 to 5 speed... I am unsure of copper tubing except it does have a shutoff valve on it... will test winch this week it says RE-W8000 on it... Thanks, J

·
Super Moderator
31,008 Posts
Probably an NV4500 5 speed, it's a bolt in with the right parts except for the rear driveshaft.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Sounds like a A518 lockup converter transmission with two toggle switches, not actually a 5spd automatic as there is no such transmission with a kickdown cable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Why is there a chain running over the front of the engine? Why is there a gauge pod under the hood, and is the air compressor for the horns on the roof? She is worth something, but a good pic of at least the engine bay, interior, and underside is needed.
Just from what I can see it was an over lander which means it probably had a lot of quick fixes bouncing through the woods. And just from what I've seen I have little hope the wiring harness is anything but mangled for all those add-ons.
Also at least mention what state the truck is located, and clean the interior. I can see what looks like a pile of mail on the dash.
Thanks for the reply, I bought the truck in GA and yes it is full of stuff like extra parts, mail, etc... I am pretty sure the previous owner used it alot and geared it so that he could fix or handle anything he encountered off road... I'll take more pictures this week as I work on it...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
How long has it been sitting? If it's been over a year or so you might as well pull that Holley carburetor and rebuild it before you even try starting it to avoid a engine fire, both the accelerator pump and power valve will fail in very short order, one leaks onto the engine the other into the intake.
Thanks, I will see if I can find a mechanic to help me with that as I have never rebuilt a carburetor..

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Go to account settings, signature and enter your truck's information, FYI if you're on a mobile device you'll have to change to desktop view for the option to be available.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It appears to be set up well for sand. Desert or ocean beaches with the lights, low stance, wide tires, air compressor to reinflate tires, the jamboree rack to leave room for sleeping inside and powering cell chargers. I see it has the Lokar setup.

I'd play with it. LOL
Go to account settings, signature and enter your truck's information, FYI if you're on a mobile device you'll have to change to desktop view for the option to be available.
Thanks, Done, Testing with this reply....

·
Registered
31,917 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I've been away for nearly eleven years, it took me an hour to figure out that while in mobile view the signature option does not exist.

·
Registered
31,917 Posts
I've been away for nearly eleven years, it took me an hour to figure out that while in mobile view the signature option does not exist.

l hear you there , l won't even try to surf the web on my phone , Nothing is the same as on a puter

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

We started pulling the carburetor today to have it rebuilt and by the numbers I believe it is an Avenger which I was told is for off road driving, if someone can confirm that would be great... Thanks, Jay M. Foster

·
Registered
3,037 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
View attachment 632825
We started pulling the carburetor today to have it rebuilt and by the numbers I believe it is an Avenger which I was told is for off road driving, if someone can confirm that would be great... Thanks, Jay M. Foster
I was just watching the ROADKILL Extras two nights ago and David FryBerger specifically said the avenger was his favorite offroad carb.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ok got more pictures, this is where the oil filter would attach to the motor, it has two lines one goes to two oil filters one on either side of the fan pictured and runs it through the radiator behind the fan... Good or bad, I don't know...
Shoe Eye Vertebrate Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I meant one line goes into the filter on the right side of the fan/radiater, the other goes to the filter on the left side of the fan/radiator... sorry for any confusion

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Remote oil filter and a oil cooler, why it's mounted to the oil pan is anyone's guess. I do see a Magnum flexplate, kinda out of place on a LA series engine but depending on the year of the transmission necessary for the conversion.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts