Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may not have time to work on this and am thinking on selling if the price is right. I am trying to evaluate what type parts were used and a value, I think a good starting place is under the hood so here is a picture of the ramcharger and another with the hood open... I know it has a re-w8000 winch in the front bumper, an air compressor under the back bumper, an inverter in the front beside passenger seat and gauges everywhere... it also a five speed transmission with three speed switch and a fan on the oil pan underneath... please ask any questions and I'll post pictures and start making a list of what it has with hopes of finding a value... but I am pretty sure I will sell if the price is good enough...
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
just by what you said l,ll give you $300 bucks = NO motor info and weather it runs at all as the battery is NOT hooked up , is it a 318 someone butchered a 4 bl on or a 360 / 5 speed tranny with a 3 speed switch = please explain this in detail , it has some kind of funky heater hose setup , does the winch work

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
That is one ugly RC, what is a fan on the oil pan?
reminds me of the "mister gadget mobile" or chitty chitty bang bang car

Don't mind us, we are just poking fun because of the LACK of details and the vagueness of your post without detailed pictures so we can SEE this stuff

• Haha
Reactions: jcm3

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bolt on a massive set of steer horns and that would make it just perfect o_O

Probably get a better price if all of the junk was removed from it. Likely has a boatload of holes drilled into the roof (amongst other places)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
It appears to be set up well for sand. Desert or ocean beaches with the lights, low stance, wide tires, air compressor to reinflate tires, the jamboree rack to leave room for sleeping inside and powering cell chargers. I see it has the Lokar setup.

I'd play with it. LOL

Reactions: 88Beater and Lzed

·
Registered
917 Posts
It appears to be set up well for sand. Desert or ocean beaches with the lights, low stance, wide tires, air compressor to reinflate tires, the jamboree rack to leave room for sleeping inside and powering cell chargers. I see it has the Lokar setup.

I'd play with it. LOL
Honestly dude, from what I’ve experienced, and this is my personal belief but nothing has performed better for me than bald tires in the sand LOL. didn’t even have to air down (we forgot and didn’t even notice).

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Honestly dude, from what I’ve experienced, and this is my personal belief but nothing has performed better for me than bald tires in the sand LOL. didn’t even have to air down (we forgot and didn’t even notice).
I agree. I spent an entire three day weekend on the Washington coast (Ocean Shores) on bald ass tires and never once got stuck, while also pulling people out.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
917 Posts
I agree. I spent an entire three day weekend on the Washington coast (Ocean Shores) on bald ass tires and never once got stuck, while also pulling people out.
Well now we know if police are ever chasin ya, go off on that beach and test you luck if you got bald tires

• Haha
Reactions: RCCADMAN

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
please ask any questions and I'll post pictures and start making a list of what it has with hopes of finding a value

you said and we asked , so lets have it

·
Registered
150 Posts
Why is there a chain running over the front of the engine? Why is there a gauge pod under the hood, and is the air compressor for the horns on the roof? She is worth something, but a good pic of at least the engine bay, interior, and underside is needed.
Just from what I can see it was an over lander which means it probably had a lot of quick fixes bouncing through the woods. And just from what I've seen I have little hope the wiring harness is anything but mangled for all those add-ons.
Also at least mention what state the truck is located, and clean the interior. I can see what looks like a pile of mail on the dash.

·
Super Moderator
29,770 Posts
The chain is because our stock engine mounts are worthless garbage and will easily rip loose, sending the engine fan into the shroud, stretching the wiring and potentially pulling the throttle wide open. Chaining it down on the driver side stops all of that. The gauges are probably for the air, possible uses air bags or air shocks. But yeah, need a lot more details before any value could be determined. As it sits, with what we know, it's a $1,200 parts truck.

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
As it sits, with what we know, it's a $1,200 parts truck.
thats being awful generous , because if you roll it over the scale your looking at $5 or 600 bucks without knowing more info

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
All I see is another parts truck, the front seats and console would be nice for my crew cab but otherwise it's not worth much besides being a donor without knowing all the details, 318 or 360 being one and what do they mean by five speed as only the three speed 727 was available in '87 or the NP435 which this one clearly isn't.

And why in the world are the heater hoses replaced with hydraulic hoses and copper tubing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry for late response, i didn't think anyone had answered until I hit the refresh button on my browser, uggghhhhh..... I got the truck because I thought it was awesome, but I am not a mechanic and will need help figuring it out... the previous owner is in his sixties and having memory problems but he was a machinist and said he owned the truck since it was new and did all the upgrades himself... He also said he had just redone the motor and transmission 5 years ago before parking it. Anyways, thank you all for your input and I am going to attempt to put together a list of what it has and test things as I go... my parents are on hospice and in their eighties and i am their caregiver which is why I would sell it for the right price so I could get a nice rv or van that they could ride in (mom is in wheelchair)...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will be putting a battery in it this week, I am planning on draining the oil and replacing it, putting fogger in the cylinder walls, draining the gas and putting fresh gas in it and checking the water level... please let me know if I missed anything so I don't break something... Thanks in advance, -J

1 - 20 of 57 Posts