Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this and brought it home - it is a one owner vehicle that hasn't been run in 5 years, however the owner was a welder and machinist who continually maintained utilized and updated the truck... I am unsure I will have the ability to have the time to enjoy or work on it and it may to be too big a project for me - I love it but I may sell it depending on it's value??? I am going to make another thread going over all the stuff that has been done to it and what it is worth... Thanks in advance for all help, -Jay
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
howdy and welcome / this above would have been good info to include in your other post

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I'll repeat what I said in your other thread here as well, do not try starting it before you rebuild that Holley four barrel carburetor, after five years the accelerator pump is going to leak fuel onto the intake and the power valve will cause it to flood badly. Holleys do not like sitting for long periods of time at all, I for one do not want fuel leaking onto a engine ever much less ones that's been sitting and likely to be hard to start and may backfire.

·
Administrator
62,341 Posts
Better yet, dump the holly for an Edlebrock. ;)

Reactions: 440 4spd Power Ram

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
A Edelbrock or anything that doesn't have a accelerator pump that leaks externally, ran a Q-Jet on my truck for the last twelve years before going fuel injection last week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, it is a $150 to have the Holly rebuilt, I am being told an Edelbrock Avenger is best for off road vehicles but I don't know the cost or if it is the best, not looking to spend a fortune, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I've had very good experience with both Edelbrock and QuadraJet carbs offroad, but until I was certain of the truck's mechanical condition rebuilding the Holley would be the cheapest route to take, $150 isn't a terrible price to rebuild one properly in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts