Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 86 power ram with a 360 im about to swap out with a 73 360. Due to the 73 not having any kind of EGR on it can i just pull all that emission crap out of the truck? Anything special i have to do?

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
are you reusing the 1986 intake , if so just make a plate to block it and bolt it back down

also are you reusing the 1986 exhaust manifolds as they might not work on the 1973 heads because of the AIR holes

Reactions: Kodiak440 and Lzed

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
rip it all off then

Note / not positive but the right side manifold/heat riser might either be to short or to tall to fit the Y-pipe [ you need to compare both manifolds ]

depending on the design of the exhaust manifold the "heat riser" can either be part of the manifold or separate and they don't interchange [ easily ]

Reactions: Kodiak440

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rip it all off then

Note / not positive but the right side manifold/heat riser might either be to short or to tall to fit the Y-pipe [ you need to compare both manifolds ]

depending on the design of the exhaust manifold the "heat riser" can either be part of the manifold or separate and they don't interchange [ easily ]
I appreciate the help, ill keep the exhaust in mind but im not to worried about it. I got sawzall and welders lol

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
I'm wanting to ditch the EGR on my 75 W600 318. Does anyone make these block off plates or should I just DIY? What thickness?

Bucky

Bucky l just use heavy sheet metal [ think washing machine metal ]

Reactions: 712edf

·
Registered
917 Posts
I used a thicker than needed piece of exhaust cutout block off plate. It was what I had laying around. It’s held up pretty well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts