Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seal and gasket was failing and leaving a small puddle on the street when parked for more than a day so I decided to replace the gasket. When I pulled the cover off the gear oil obviously has water in it. So what do I need to do to find where the water is coming in. I had read where some of these axles have a vent and if you submerged the axle water could get in that way. I checked for a vent like shown in the article and there was nothing like it on my axle. So what else do I need to check?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Look for the brake line "T", that is usually retained by a bolt that is hollow to double as the vent.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
there should be a hose on a barb fitting screwed into that "bolt" , hose should be attached UP on the frame with a plastic "breather" in its end .

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys they're there and properly mounted, I'll take a closer look to see if damages are present but they all appear intact.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
Shemp , he got screwed out of the familys fame and fortune ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.