Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1985 ramcharger 150 royal se prospector edition. it has a 318. it has every factory optoin for 1985. i havent had enought money to do alot of mods, but here is what i did so far: sony xplode cd player, sony xplode 6x9 speakers, subs, amp, c.b, p.a system, grant steering wheel, front push bar, i plan to lift it and paint it. i hope you like it!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Cool RC!!! Ramchargers have the perfect acoustics for subs. ;D

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks....your rite about the acoustics abotu r/cs.....they sound really really good......since then i took of the running boards....now it looks like it has a lift kit in it!....would a set of 33's fit on my origanal rims? cuz i dont wanna get some new rims because i like mine to much

·
Registered
229 Posts
I believe 32's are the biggest tire that you could fit on those rims and have it look and ride properly. The 33's sidewalls might buldge out too much. I have seen 32's on the rims like you've got and they look pretty cool! ;D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah, 32's will barely fit, had em on my stock rims. A word though: Since your rims are narrow, you need to run low tire pressure. Low meaning about 25psi. If you run higher, you will wear out the tires out prematurely in the center. I learned the hard way. Only took about 15k.

Randall

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
first thing's first.... dump the running boards! those gotta go, man! 32's will fit. you may have to shave off about 1/4" off the front corner of the front fenders, but i wouldn't think you'd have too much trouble. nice rig!

·
Registered
0 Posts
No fender trimming required for the 32's. Just watch it if you get wider rims though, keep that negative offset below 44, or you will need trimming.

Randall

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, the running boards are gone now, i have to get some more pics....all i hafta do now is get a RCC sticker for the back window!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
very nice RC! I just put in a sony cd player and speakers in mine, too. i decided that with those new additions it also needed an alarm, so i put in a cb and power locks to boot. i have my eye on a new bumper and (if i can find one) a chrome grill instead of the stupid gray plastic one. it has 33" tires on it and a 4" lift kit to compliment. after that, it may be time to work on the interior...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thnaks. i like the name of your truck. what do you think i should call mine? hopefully i can get some money to repaint it. i think im going to keep it grey, but put silver in the middle to make it two-tone. what to you think?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Good lookin rig man, i also love the rims i had the same ones but had to part with them for they were to small for the tires i was puttin on. Once again sweet ride. ;D

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cleandust said:
Good lookin rig man, i also love the rims i had the same ones but had to part with them for they were to small for the tires i was puttin on. Once again sweet ride. ;D
thanks for the compliment! yea, i love my rims, but i think im going to have to part with tem if i want bigger tires :\'(. i will probully keep them around if i ever wanna put em back on. do you still have your old rims? because i am lookin for one for a spare tire. and i need front hub-caps. thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey sweet truck. I've got an 83 shortbox with the same wheel and chrome package. I'm in the process of repainting it and putting in a 440 with a 4 speed out of a 70 challenger. I've always wanted a ramcharger like yours. If you look under "new member's rig" spelt wrong on the board, you'll see the one I did get. White and blue 80 Ramcharger. Again, very nice truck you've got yourself.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kuhnman said:
Hey sweet truck. I've got an 83 shortbox with the same wheel and chrome package. I'm in the process of repainting it and putting in a 440 with a 4 speed out of a 70 challenger. I've always wanted a ramcharger like yours. If you look under "new member's rig" spelt wrong on the board, you'll see the one I did get. White and blue 80 Ramcharger. Again, very nice truck you've got yourself.
thanks for the compliemt, mechanicly the truck is perfect, but the body needs some work. i like your truck, i have always had a thing for that body style, it looks more like a classic. but i like mine alot more. i only wish i could pull the top off on nice warm days!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts