Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '84 Dodge 318 that I've put 360 4 barrel heads. I've also purchased a Mopar Performance factory replacement dual plane four barrel alluminum intake for it. The problem is the thermostat housing is 2 1/2 inches further forward than the factory cast iron 4 barrel intake. I can't get my A/C compressor to mount and clear the thermostat housing. I can't go forward or up with the compressor. Short of eating or selling this intake and getting an Edelbrock, do I have a chance of making my sweet Mopar intake work on my old LA 318.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sorry I don't have an answer, but I feel your pain. I put an Edelbrock Streetmaster on my 83 RC and had to stash the AC in the attic. If it was my daily driver I'd be whining especially since its black. I'm anxious to hear the suggestions roll our. I'd actually like to re-install it.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
same problem happens with the MP 360 crate engines. There's a How To on the installation of one of them that covers the mods they made to make it all work. Check that out and see if it helps.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Could you possibly get a fitting for the thermostat that would turn it 90 degrees immediately coming out of the intake?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.