Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what carb should i use? nothing extreme. mall crawler. off road 2 times a year. what carb should I use, and where can I buy it?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Go to your local parts store and order a stock replacecment or get an edelbrock 600. The edelbrock is going to set you back a bit but its a decent carb for street use.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
If your 360 has a TQ, its hard to beat them when running right.  But thats the problem is getting them to run right if the bowl is warped any.  Edelbrock carbs are easy to tune and are almost perfect out of the box.  Give decent fuel mileage and once you set them you can pretty much forget about them.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
or get a q jet from mountain man performance ...and dude DO NOT buy a reman from a parts house ..might as well light ur money on fire if u do ...look on e bay for mtn man performance ...well worth it and i had to send it back once due ot my engine sucing some crap into the carb and messing up one of the needles and seats wasn't anything the rebuilder did either it was just one of those things that happens and since i had the carb back it's been awesome ...and he will send u new gaskets too..u will have to tune it a lil bit but its plretty close to spot on though ...and if u go the q jet route get the book by cliff ruggles ...i am a big fan of the q jet myself and they can be a pain in the ass but one that is built right cant be beat

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
BrianT said:
or get a q jet from mountain man performance ...and dude DO NOT buy a reman from a parts house ..might as well light ur money on fire if u do ...look on e bay for mtn man performance ...well worth it and i had to send it back once due ot my engine sucing some crap into the carb and messing up one of the needles and seats wasn't anything the rebuilder did either it was just one of those things that happens and since i had the carb back it's been awesome ...and he will send u new gaskets too..u will have to tune it a lil bit but its plretty close to spot on though ...and if u go the q jet route get the book by cliff ruggles ...i am a big fan of the q jet myself and they can be a pain in the ass but one that is built right cant be beat
Current link?

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
for who mtn man or cliff ruggles ?  u can google either one and u will find it in short order

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'd go with an edelbrock performer...I have one on my 84 with a 360 and it runs like a dream.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts