Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rescued another stray this weekend. He's a 1979 Adventurer D200 Club Cab, long bed. I traded my winter beater for it (my wife's old Town and Country which had 207,00 miles on it along with its share of NE Ohio rust).

He needs floors,nothing in the dash works, infested with stink bugs. Has a southern bed on it (wrong gen) which is near perfect. Hoods also from the same donor truck from what I can tell. But there was something about this guy I had to have it. Rockers are good, corners can be saved.

I had to idle it home about 20 miles but once I was home I cleaned out the carb, replaced the fuel pump/filter/lines. He now runs like a champ. 360 2bbl / 727 with a sweet thrush muffler - dump out the side exhaust. No smoke knocks or rattles and shifts strong. Tires are square so I don't dare take it much more than 35 until I get some new rubber but otherwise it drives pretty tight believe it or not.

Someone on here tell me I did the right thing  ???

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
You did the right thing.  Love the 79 quad headlights.  Good Job!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on Uncle ******, floors done, new brakes, tires, rear springs - upgraded to 1-ton, fixed all the gauges and lights, put some cool wrenches on the front, found a sweet camper from 1983!

Uncle ****** ran strong for our camp trip at the Mopar Nats, Sara drove the Satellite, and I drove Whety, about 4 hrs, 8 miles to the gallon! No matter it looks bad ass and has a Nascar glass pack exhaust. 8)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.