Dodge RamCharger Central banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
It's a champion radiator. I'll get the details but they ended up swapping the drain bung and the lower outlet to match my needs. It's amazing how hard it is to find radiators these days. Ledfoot racing in orange, California did a great job getting my taken care of. I'll get the specs for you guys.
Eric

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Champion CC1640 is the model number of the radiator. I'm waiting on new radiator hoses to arrive, the current ones are ancient.
Eric

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'm late to the party, but congrats on a sweet RC so close to home. No bad rust is the best bonus! They are so rare to come up for sale here, that I had to travel 5.5 hrs away for mine.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yeah, I flew to Oklahoma to get my crewcab and shipped the 76 ramcharger I used to have from California. Just not usually much to choose from in the rust belt.
Eric

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Radiator is in, fluids topped off, and ran for about an hour. It all looks good. The shroud that was on it is not a bb truck shroud but I did some trimming and it fits perfect. The original shroud was laying in the back but the reason I'm guessing they switched it is because it has a flex fan on it and the original shroud wouldn't cover the fan to force it to draw through the radiator. I definitely recommend the fitment of the radiator, I'll update you on the cooling when we get road worthy.
Eric

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I also found what's causing it to be squirly on the road. Lot of play in the front driver wheel. I'm guessing wheel bearings need attention.
Eric

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
It's a champion radiator. I'll get the details but they ended up swapping the drain bung and the lower outlet to match my needs. It's amazing how hard it is to find radiators these days. Ledfoot racing in orange, California did a great job getting my taken care of. I'll get the specs for you guys.
Eric
I was born in Orange, California.
Good things come from Orange, California. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
😁 that gives some street cred to my radiator if it shares your birthplace!
Eric

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well, only two out of 5 wheel studs snapped off on the first wheel...I don't know what they used to put these on but it was either a really good impact or a big breaker bar.
Eric

·
Registered
'79 Dodge Power Wagon Macho
3,917 Posts
Got some bling baby! Now you need: valve covers, intake, water pump, timing cover and pulleys to match so it doesn't look outta place! Lol

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Well, only two out of 5 wheel studs snapped off on the first wheel...I don't know what they used to put these on but it was either a really good impact or a big breaker bar.
Eric
Could be rust also

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yeah, that's probably part of it. I ran a wire brush and some penetrating oil on them but they wasn't enough.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Yeah, let them soak if you can. I know you had nothing to do with it but it's a good example why it pays to always use a little anti seize on the studs when the wheels are off.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Have a rear bumper that isn't all crooked like the one on it so decided to make it a quick project for the day... yeah right. Got the old one off and started bolting the replacement up before I found that the brackets hit the body mount at the rear of the frame. Comparing the old vs the new the old is a little less beefy but curves around the body mount. No problem, I'll just swap the brackets. Well, like everything else the carriage bolts want to spin lol. I just sprayed more penetrating oil, put the tools away, swept up my mess and called it a night before I lost my cool.
Eric

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Had some play in the front driver side and it needed to come apart to replace broken wheel studs. Bearing looks good, somebody has been in here I just don't think they had the castle nut torqued properly. Fortunately it doesn't look like it's been driven on much.

Attachments

41 - 57 of 57 Posts