·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Not bad, but purple for the alternator? ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im thinking they are pretty old. we tried a heat gun and it made the decal crackel. I just want to get those things off so I can get a paint job slapped on it. It used to race a few years back, and then for about a year before I bought it, it just sat in 100 degree temps, with out any protection. (Truck Abuse lol) so those things are on there pretty good.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Nice truck! How much lift is on there? Tire size?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its got 35x12.5 on it. as for the lift, I think my husband put a 4-5 inch lift. Im not 100% on that though. I did get pretty lucky, It was purchased near you in Mariposa, for only 1700. It ran soundly too. In two years the only problem I've had is a constant replacing of the distributor. (whole thing, not cap) Its been replaced 3 times. I think its caused by some underlying problem. We just dont know what. Its got a 440 in it, and Rancho es 5000 suspension on the rear. And I love my purple alternator! lol

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
NcalPowergirl said:
Its got 35x12.5 on it. as for the lift, I think my husband put a 4-5 inch lift. Im not 100% on that though. I did get pretty lucky, It was purchased near you in Mariposa, for only 1700. It ran soundly too. In two years the only problem I've had is a constant replacing of the distributor. (whole thing, not cap) Its been replaced 3 times. I think its caused by some underlying problem. We just dont know what. Its got a 440 in it, and Rancho es 5000 suspension on the rear. And I love my purple alternator! lol
A problem with the Cam maybe? Might be bent or something.
What does the gear on the bottom of the dist. look like.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Could very possibly be the intermedient shaft,connects the distribitor to the cam. It could be very slighty warped and can/could wear out a distribtor easily. I broke the tab off the distribtor shaft OFF into the intermedient shaft and had to replace the shaft and a distribtor!

Jimmy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I am mad now. My ex took the c1000 lights from my truck today, and he slashed a tire while I was at work. So now instead of taking it to a shop to get it checked out, I have to go get a new tire instead. Too expensive. oh well, I guess I needed to vent.

G

·
Nice truck Dee Dee!!! Of course, I'm partial to '78's myself. LOL

Your ex needs his ass kicked. ;D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You want I should put a hit on yur ex boss?...Jk. But seriously, Break his legs and throw him in the ocean when you see him next. I would if anyone TRIED to do that to my truck. I love that truck more than I love myself!!! JK

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Wow that is F'ed up!!! get a heat gun you gotta make it hot, real hot then get paint thinner and rub it over it if it's still being a bitch

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hey, one more question. Anyone know where I can get rims like that? And would they fit a 79 Dodge 1/2 ton? I got the stock axles on it and I think the bolt pattern is 5"x 41/2", right? If anyone knows if these will fit and possibly have a set, lemme know. I'm running the stock Dodge slot wheels one mine and I'd be willing to trade for them. I understand these rims are collectors Items, and I don't want to part with them, but I can't keep anymore junk in my basement, and I want some different rims, so lemme know, eh?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.