Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody..we're trying to get this 360 assembled and ran into something that just didn't sit right with me, so I figured I'd see if it was normal or not. When we set the intake in place, I noticed there is still an exposed curved "hole" on the head. Same on both sides. My gasket kit has 2 sets...one covers the hole and one doesn't, but the intake itself doesn't cover it. Is this supposed to just be left open and exposed, or do I need a different intake? I've never noticed anything like this in the past.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,324 Posts
it's a blank casting hole. It needs nothing to cover it.

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
Ditto. Its best left open, it allows the exhaust crossover to cool.

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
It's a convenient place for squirrels to store their broken up acorn shells.  ;D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess ya learn something new every day. I don't think I've ever seen that before. The replies are greatly appreciated. After nearly 5 years, I'm finally getting back to this project. The "genius" who got me into this adventure, no longer has time for it, so I'm tackling it on my own with limited knowledge. Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
14,324 Posts
Elwenil said:
It's a convenient place for squirrels to store their broken up acorn shells. ;D
yup. It's happened to me too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.