Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a "non AC" heater core for my truck form Summit....just because the cooling system is being fully replaced, so I might as well do the core also.

The unit received was way too big. The height looked ok but the it was much longer than the one in the truck. The current one is basically square. The first picture below looks like what I received from Summit. The second pic is from a much older truck, but at least it looks right in the picture and measurements are probably correct.

Who has done their D200/M880 and what did you find in there for a core?

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

Rectangle Font Line Window Screenshot

·
Registered
30,094 Posts
l personally would have your old one checked / re cored as its made higher quality than whatever Chinese crap you find
below find interchange and the "rockauto" diagrams

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Light Font Automotive radiator part Gas Rectangle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the same size as the Summit one, and it sure didn't look like it was going to fit. I guess I'll know more when I get the heater box out, but I agree the quality is suspect. The one I received had a tube cold soldered to the body. We have some good radiator shops around here, so I think I'll just take my original to them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's the same size as the Summit one, and it sure didn't look like it was going to fit. I guess I'll know more when I get the heater box out, but I agree the quality is suspect. The one I received had a tube cold soldered to the body. We have some good radiator shops around here, so I think I'll just take my original to them.
Mine was leaking and bypassed when I bought it. Took it to a radiator shop and they said discontinued but they could build it custom for $350. I drove away thinking they were full of crap and trying to rip me off. Turns out I'm going to have to go and cough it up because there doesnt seem to be much of an aftermarket on these.

·
Registered
30,094 Posts
Mine was leaking and bypassed when I bought it. Took it to a radiator shop and they said discontinued but they could build it custom for $350. I drove away thinking they were full of crap and trying to rip me off. Turns out I'm going to have to go and cough it up because there doesnt seem to be much of an aftermarket on these.

l would NOT trust that shop , because if they could BUILD one, they should be able to FIX your old one

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
22,131 Posts
You probably have the standard-sized core in your government-issued M880, Superdart, and the one you ordered would be the larger deluxe version. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts