Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1977 M880 or W200, and after i did my 440 engine swapped i discover my headlights don't work. all my other lights work i checked all the plugs and fuse. when i pulled the knob to turn on the light both the turn signal light indicator in the dash turn on solid( not blinking) and the high beam indicator ligth turns on.Thats it no lights. I can't figure it out. And suggestions??????

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
BAD GROUND AT THE CORE SUPPORT!!!!! i had the same thing happen to my 77 PW.... took me forever to figure it out. finally found a loose ground wire and put in new oversized screw and it fixed it... i also a few weeks ago relayed my headlights for a better setup...

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
That's exactly what I was gonna say... clean the grounding... or reattach one if you forgot to put it back after the engine swap.... make certain the core support has a ground wire from the battery terminal or block

·
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH YEAH i remeber that wire from the battery to the core support i put a differeent battery in ther and it wouldn't reach so i said screw it. Cool thatnks for the help

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
there is also one one that runs from the lights to the core support for yout ground. thats the one i was tlakin bout but if ya figured it out SWEET!!!

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
;D

Well, whether that fixes your specific problem or not... :p

Ya gotta have good grounds... battery to block, block to firewall, block to frame, battery to core support... clean'em to bare metal and tighten'em up 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.