Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
moparmike23 said:
Wow Kurt...The Daytona is going to be amazing.

Also, I'll keep an eye out for Bud
Time and money. The latter is always needed. ;D

Bud's a real nice guy. Flag him down for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Made some more progress. The body work has been kicking my back side but its a learning process, right? I was able to get the door and inner fenders finished up, plus I started building the core support. With a little cut and buff, they should be real nice....

Attachments

Reactions: SuperBurban

·
Registered
359 Posts
Looking good. I really like a two tone paint scheme and that was a good choice of colors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Got a bunch of work done over the weekend. I just might make my May 8th deadline.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Finished up everything today. Bedliner and Alignment are scheduled for Tuesday, then off to the family reunion next weekend for the unveiling. So glad to have Old Blue back.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I absolutely love what you did to the truck (y)Paintjob and attention to details is really amazing.

Post some more photos(especially interior) , they're eye candy for us!

Well done, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
We made it down to SoCal for the reunion. It was a great time.

I waited to drive Old Blue until I got down there, I wanted my Dad to be there for the 1st trip so we could go together, and reminise the old days when my Grandfather was around driving this old truck. My Grandfather was a cigar smoker and always had one while driving Old Blue around back in the day. When he passed away about 20 years ago, we smoked Padron cigars when we spread his ashes at sea. I had two cigars left from that day. When my Dad and I fired up Old Blue to take it over to the reunion, we lit up those two last cigars and smoked them in the truck, in his memory. It was something amazing.

We drove over to my cousins house for the reunion, the truck drove like a dream. My family was all waiting in the street when we pulled up, it was pretty emotional for everyone. Everyone was so glad to see the truck again since its been 13 years since it was last on the road, and about 20 years since we lost my Grandpa.

Thanks for letting me share and I'll post up more photos along the way. Here's to more "Adventurer"s and memories.

Mike

Reactions: jcruse64

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
A couple more pics......

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
On the way back home (10 hour drive) I pulled off to stretch. Had to get this photo in. This was on US395 north of Mammoth. Its so beautiful up there.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Really turned out nice!! Good deal with the stogies, too!

Reactions: moparmike23

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Update on Old Blue....

We used it to tow the Super Bee to Thunder Hill Raceway over Memorial Day. The 440 did great, even with the 2:76 rear gear. It managed to get around 7-8mpg pulling the Bee and the whole setup turned a lot of heads. About 400 miles round trip with no issues.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts