Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my crew cab dodge that I just bought. It has a 440ci engine, 727 tranny, dana 60 rear, and dana 44 front. Check back soon for more info & pics as I work on it. :)

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
With a little work, looks like it could be really nice...I like it!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you, but that's the most fun part. Wish I had one

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
damn! gonna be a nice truck once its done!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just towed her to the shop!

Overall, the truck seems to be in good shape for its age. There are only a few small holes on it. One on the driver's side rocker and one on the driver's side quarter; both only about the size of a quarter. So far, I just tried starting it with no luck right off. The motor just isn't turning over fast enough. It does have spark though. I tried pulling the plugs and turning the motor over to get oil flowing and I double checked the firing order. Tomorrow I'll try a few other things. Wish me luck. haha

·
Registered
193 Posts
we have seen a club cab added...hmmm how about another crew ext....6-door truck ...lol

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
treefrog said:
we have seen a club cab added...hmmm how about another crew ext....6-door truck ...lol
HaHa :D Why not 8 doors? Nahh.. But I wonder how it would look with a stepside bed on it?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well... today I fixed a few things on the truck but it won't run just yet. First thing was an oil change. Then, there was a fuel line leak out back and the carb was gummed up so I replaced it with a holley. I got the plugs to spark but I don't think they are sparking hot enough. The previous owner installed the 440 out of an imperial and it came with "Lean Burn" crap. Somehow, its all spliced together with the original wires. Blah!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It lives! It lives!

·
3,940 Posts
that is a nice canvas to start on. good luck

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a quick update:
  • I bought a set of 37x12.5x16.5 Goodyear Wrangler MT Hummer tires and some nice 10 inch wide chrome rims:)
  • The fenders, hood, grill, bumper, and grill guard are off of the truck and I am now working on replacing engine gaskets and detailing the underhood area.
  • Tomorrow, I'm going to try to fit the new tires on.

More pictures to come soon!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just installed my new hummer tires. I can't believe the difference they made for the looks of the truck. :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Nice truck, how much lift is in the future?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. I'm planning on lifting it at least 6 inches but probably more. It will be a combo of suspension and body lift.

·
Registered
103 Posts
looks great man!! nice to see another old navy truck comming back to life!!! hey...I'm going army theme with mine why don't you run the navy theme!? you know paint it like a battle ship with the panels airbrushed on, with the rivets too.....and a U.S.S. powerwagon or somthing for the name? lol.....just brainstorming here! lol! keep the pics comming! also awhile back I posted a chopped pic I did of a four door made to look like a lil'red ! did you see it! now there's another idea!!? later........KC!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts