Dodge RamCharger Central banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I think it's time to change the thread name on this one. I think you're far beyond the mild restoration. LOL (JK)

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yeah, dang. It's kinda gotten away from me.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Dec 24, 25, 26 was 86, 83, 83 degrees (sorry to all my northern MOPAR brethren)... so I thought I better not waste those temps. Got the inside of the doors, hood, and tail gate cut in. I'm not completely sold on the color, but the wife likes it so she wins. This is the only old car I own she will ride in, so I gave her veto power. It's a mid-50's Chrysler color (colour for @Canadian country boy) called Lagoon Blue. I tried to get a shot of the hue in the last pic...
Blue Water Azure Table Plant

Sky Blue Rectangle Sunlight Shade

Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
805 Posts
It’s been weirdly warm here too up north, low 50s! Not good enough to paint and shine though. Digging that color. Are you going to bedline the bed/back of the truck or paint it?

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
It’s been weirdly warm here too up north, low 50s! Not good enough to paint and shine though. Digging that color. Are you going to bedline the bed/back of the truck or paint it?
Actually, both. I laid down bed liner on the floor under/behind the rear seats and also on the inside of the tailgate. I'm going to paint it all blue though. It'll just have a tough undercoat to hold up the wear and tear it's gonna get.

That pic of the blue tailgate above is bed liner with sealer and painted top coat.

There's a couple of pics on page 2 of where the bed liner is sprayed.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
805 Posts
Oops, sorry about that. Bedliner is the way to go! Especially the undercoat. I favor it over any rubberized coating.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Enjoyed another day hovering around 80 degrees, so you can bet I'm not gonna waste it.

Got the engine bay and interior cut in. The jury is still out on the color, for me at least...

Gas Machine Automotive exterior Engineering Composite material

Sky Vehicle Plant Hood Blue

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,683 Posts
I love the colour, especially if it's metallic and especially with a white roof.

Attachments

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,683 Posts
And it would look real good if you cheated and put the '77/'78 Macho graphics on it. No one will ever call you out having the wrong year graphics on it except me! LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I love the colour, especially if it's metallic and especially with a white roof.
It is semi-metallic. It has some shimmer in the direct sunlight. And yes, the roof is white. I still have to pick out the white paint, but I'm getting closer.

As for graphics, I have a couple of ideas. Also I have a guy in Florida that did graphics for my '70 Duster I'm I'm gonna run them by him and he'll tweak it.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
It's a Chrysler color from the 50's. Lagoon Blue.
Well if you're going with the 50's color, you may as well go with the 50's look and.... chop the top! :cool:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
That looks a lot like mine. Nice looking rig!

·
6,683 Posts
Wow, 31 thousand for a 2wd. Crazy. (Nice condition tho)

41 - 60 of 105 Posts