Sweet!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
wow!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
So where does the fire escape ladder go? That's quite the drop for us old folk, and quite the climb for... well... anyone.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Can you talk about your core support, what you did to modify it to allow for the intercooler, hood latch etc. Project looks great so far!

TXPower
Hey there, ive been off here for awhile, i am going to post some pics of the finished product here shortly, as for the core support i used the support from the 92 diesel truck as it had the mounts for the rad and intercooler, but i had to graft in the headlight areas from the 75, as well as the section on top for the hood latch, the supp, orts are almost identical so this was quite easy to accomplish, ( 8 hours of work ,lol)

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,711 Posts
I keep seeing your truck around town parked at all the pubs (how do I know?, cause I'm parked there too! Lol) but I've never run into you. Would love to talk Dodge trucks with you over a beer one day. Keep a lookout for me as you can't miss me, I drive the ONLY orange Macho Power Wagon in town plus I'm the only guy in a wheelchair that drives something like our trucks also! Cheers

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,711 Posts
This is right around the corner from my place. You have a beautiful truck!

Attachments

·
6,711 Posts
I think he is stalking me! Here is at location #2! LOL
Ya know, for a small town there are a ton of old cars and trucks around and there are tons of people that build and drive them. I swear we rival California with customs and hot rods and trucks per capita as them. I am truly blessed to live in such a vibrant car culture here. All American of course! 💪

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Hey guys, that's great that my truck is getting some attention around my hometown, people really seem to like it, including the police officer that pulled me over to tell me to get it inspected.
Basically, the project turned into full frame off restoration, I installed Dana 60 axles front and rear, pulled from a 78 ramcharger parts truck. The 5.9 cummins came from a 92 pickup that I bought, installed the fuel pin and governor spring kit, and a later model turbo. Along with a 46RH four speed auto, mated to a NP 205 transfer case. I also installed a rear disk brake conversion from lug nut 4x4, which worked out well. I repaired the small amount of rust in the body and painted it silver and white, as inspired by a pic of a 72 blazer I saw online. It all went quite smoothly and in total it took me nine months start to finish, maybe putting in an average of 3 hours a day in. The total cost was about $27,000.00 Canadian, including the original $5000.00 purchase price, and the two parts vehicles.
Here are some pics:
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive air manifold

Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car

Vehicle Car Window Steering part Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

·
6,711 Posts
Are you out in Langford?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.