Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many like the aged look? I have this 1975 medium blue Ramcharger with lots of character. It does have a mangled right front fender which I hate. I want to start driving this truck on weekends and I'm looking for a "medium blue" patina'd right front fender to replace the current mangled remains. Does anyone know where the best/most likely horde of 70's truck body parts would be? I want to find the same color fender with the aged look without all the trauma. Bonus points if it's already got the se trim. Eventually it'll be refinished, but I want to enjoy it for a bit and mechanically debug before it goes in for paint and body.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
How many like the aged look?

Eventually it'll be refinished, but I want to enjoy it for a bit and mechanically debug before it goes in for paint and body.
Sometime the aged look is great. Other times the vehicle just looks like junk. I think its just on a case by case basis.

On yours I would just hammer out that fender for now & leave it. Then have it fixed properly when you do decide on paint/body. I wouldn't bother with any replacement, those to me stand out worse than a dented original.

And I know you didn't ask but I'm not so wild about those wheels, at least not on that vehicle.

I once too had a blue RC (76). Wish I had kept it.

Bucky

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input - I'm going to keep looking for a decent front fender. I don't see a way to do much with what's there. Someone has already tried beating the thing out and it's pretty mangled.

Those wheels are late model gladiator take offs and I wasn't sure what it would look like, but now that they are on there, I tend to agree with you. This truck hasn't been on the road in over 20 years. The wheels/tires I took off were dry rotted and wouldn't hold air so at least it's got something on it that you could drive if you wanted to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts