Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my w200 project 2 years ago.  I never joined this forum because every question I had I found on previous ramcharger threads.  From D44HD rebuilds to total rewiring.  I bought my 75 for $800 to replace the memories I had of a w200 stepside I had 20 years ago.  I realized soon there after how far over my head I was.  Thanks to the knowledge on this form a half way handy guy (not a mechanic) was able to get through this project (with some outside help here and there).

As I got deeper into the project I realized that EVERYTHING needed to be rebuilt or replaced.  My budget was absolutely blown but I ended up with a great truck that turns heads.

Thanks for helping me keep her out of the scrap yard!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
List of work:

Rebuilt 360
rebuilt 727
new exhaust
4 inch rough country all spring lift
new radiator and Trans cooler
redo of interior
autometer gauges in custom dash insert
ron Fransis re-wire
1988 d100 cab shell with 70's doors, hood and fenders
por15 frame
bed line cab interior and underside
single stage paint
built flatbed
shortened frame 6.5"
new body mounts
built front bumper
FBO ignition (ballast resistor delete)
removed all extras ac, radio, clock etc

This is a ranch truck thats sole duty is driving 100s of miles off road.  Simplicity was the goal.  The flat bed carries everything from spare PVC parts, to electric impacts and drills, and a host of ranch related tools.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
simple , clean , usefull , nice ! ;D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man. Appreciate it. I love the simplicity, but My wife is looking forward to the AC and heat upgrade, but it will be 6-7 months before I can pull the trigger on vintage air.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Very nice.  I'm a fan of the single stage solid color paints.  What brand and color is that, I like it a lot, I'd like to do my 88 W 250 with that.  That makes me miss my 74 W100, I'll never forgive myself for parting with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The paint is axalta in a color called sand. I was hoping it would be a little darker. It’s hard to pick a color from a 1” sample. It’s growing on me now that the truck is all put together.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Stowersranch1 said:
List of work:

Rebuilt 360
rebuilt 727
new exhaust
4 inch rough country all spring lift
new radiator and Trans cooler
redo of interior
autometer gauges in custom dash insert
ron Fransis re-wire
1988 d100 cab shell with 70's doors, hood and fenders
por15 frame
bed line cab interior and underside
single stage paint
built flatbed
shortened frame 6.5"
new body mounts
built front bumper
FBO ignition (ballast resistor delete)
removed all extras ac, radio, clock etc

This is a ranch truck thats sole duty is driving 100s of miles off road. Simplicity was the goal. The flat bed carries everything from spare PVC parts, to electric impacts and drills, and a host of ranch related tools.
If you dont mind, could you share how you built your bed and the dimensions of it, Im looking to turn my 91 into an offroad rig and I want to shorten my frame and build a bed almost exactly like what you have! Thank you!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I always wondered what the later style cabs with the 70's doors and fenders would look like. Probably do the same thing. It looks pretty cool, and I've got some bad rust starting in the roof. Nice job!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Everything bolted right in like a 70’s cab. Dash, steering column, brake assembly. The cabs I guess where identical. The 80’s 1/2 ton 2wd are 10 times easier to find around here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.