Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I need to track down a new tank for a 360 motor. We are having a hard time locating one.
Does any one know a good place to buy online? Any info helps.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Are you looking fro a NEW tank or a used tank? Are you looking for a 25 or 35 gal tank?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Kevinp said:
New preferably and the size does not matter I do not believe.
That may be one of those unobtanium things new. I have a 35 gal plastic tank I just dropped from my 74. They clean up nicely. There are a few wrecking yards in Washington that I have seen ramchargers in. You may find a tank that way.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
If I couldn't find a RC tank, I'd be looking at making a Bronco, F-series, or Blazer tank fit. Those can be had new. Online catalog with dimensions are on the Spectra Premium website.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Had a helluva time finding one for my 79 utiline. The salvage yards around here typically drill a hole in the bottom to drain before putting them on the pick-a-part lot. Then lift it with fork-lift and bending any hope of a good drive shaft.

Spent about 6 months searching, making calls, following leads, and found a guy squirrling away Dodge 4x4 parts about 2 hours away. Mostly 70s-Cummins 1st gen. Used but good. Felt lucky to hand him $100 and leave with it, He even gave me the straps and sending unit.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
rod1701 said:
Had a helluva time finding one for my 79 utiline. The salvage yards around here typically drill a hole in the bottom to drain before putting them on the pick-a-part lot. Then lift it with fork-lift and bending any hope of a good drive shaft.

Spent about 6 months searching, making calls, following leads, and found a guy squirrling away Dodge 4x4 parts about 2 hours away. Mostly 70s-Cummins 1st gen. Used but good. Felt lucky to hand him $100 and leave with it, He even gave me the straps and sending unit.
I've heard gas thieves do the same thing. Drill a hole thru the plastic tanks and let it drain into a gas can. My 772WD has a steel case all around it that was built by the PO.

·
Registered
628 Posts
RCCADMAN said:
I've heard gas thieves do the same thing. Drill a hole thru the plastic tanks and let it drain into a gas can. My 772WD has a steel case all around it that was built by the PO.
May be a factory Skid plate. My RC (which has the 35Gallon Fuel Tank) is surrounded by a skid plate.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
shanker said:
May be a factory Skid plate. My RC (which has the 35Gallon Fuel Tank) is surrounded by a skid plate.
I have seen the factory skid plates as well. The steel case on mine was built by the PO and has a hitch welded into it to pull a sailboat. It fully encases the tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.