Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're keeping score I have 6, possibly 7 mopar projects/vehicles depending on how you count them. PLUS! 74W100 cab on 85 RC frame (this project!)

I did a truck on rc frame before and loved it (https://ramchargercentral.com/mopar-trucks/78-d150-conversion/). At the end of that thread I show starting this project.

I was thinking about using an A518 tranny on this, but I'm going to go with the rebuilt NV3500 I have. I was hoping to use the NP208 behind it but ran into a snag. The dowel didn't line up at all with the tail housing of the 4x4 NV3500. I sawzalled it off, sanded it, and viola - NV3500/NP208 attached.

I've removed the rear tank. I'm planning on using it, just need to grab the front crossmember of the fuel tank for the RC project. That means I'll have to do a simple angle iron fab for the front crossmember for this tank, then I can get the frame to the blaster. I'll snap pics once I have it fabbed up. Wish me luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
Dude I don't know how you keep all these straight.  ;D

I get confused with the 2 i have and they are completely different drivetrains.  Keep up the good work and make sure you get at least one done in a complete manner.  It is very easy to become too obsessed lose money, friends, and any and all other relationships and still not have a truck done the way you want it. 

Blasting the frame is the best, I did it on my 4wd frame and put chassis saver on it and it still isn't showing rust, even after going through a garage fire.  The blast method holds and creates such a great surface to paint on.  Let me know if the nv3500 holds up too.  I know that tranny is the light duty version and as long as you are not doing 4wd launches and hauling a ton of weight should do fine. 

Best of luck,

Neil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.