Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Oh yeah, no trunk floor has it's advantages in this case. ;D The Hemi hasn't even began yet, and i can already hear my wallet screaming in pain...21 Gallons of fuel NOOOOOOOO :p
LMBO! ;D And you thought the 340 was hungry. ;)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Imagine a 440 in a motorhome with 3 fuel tanks for a total of 99 gallons  ;D

You think your wallet screams.... :eek:

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
Leeann said:
Imagine a 440 in a motorhome with 3 fuel tanks for a total of 99 gallons ;D

You think your wallet screams.... :eek:
{gloating}

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
mopar65pa said:
I'm not the one that has to fill up that one...that's the bf's job ;)

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Wooo  I got $300 to put toward the 3k Hemi Block (plus the final payment for tony, and the $200 for all the parts i need to change the Clip and Tail over to a Demon)  I technically have more cash, but the rest is going to buy me a new Sandblaster... I sold my old one ages ago to buy a better one, and never bought the better one  :p

And a Sandblaster is a must have for this project.

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Wooo I got $300 to put toward the 3k Hemi Block (plus the final payment for tony, and the $200 for all the parts i need to change the Clip and Tail over to a Demon) I technically have more cash, but the rest is going to buy me a new Sandblaster... I sold my old one ages ago to buy a better one, and never bought the better one :p

And a Sandblaster is a must have for this project.
{cool} goodness for scrap prices. ;D

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
mopar65pa said:
{cool} goodness for scrap prices. ;D
Oh i haven't even hauled in any yet :eek:

I'm still cleaning and seperating junk. I got maybe 600 pounds of aluminum that needs to be loaded. Remember that load i had in the dakota (half tin / half aluminum).. I gotta unload that tin so i have enough room in the bed for the rest of the aluminum.

More Copper, Brass, Tin and Steel too. I'll be hauling out for ages, and when i'm done i should be able to stop at the chrysler dealership and order an engine block ;D

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Oh i haven't even hauled in any yet :eek:

I'm still cleaning and seperating junk. I got maybe 600 pounds of aluminum that needs to be loaded. Remember that load i had in the dakota (half tin / half aluminum).. I gotta unload that tin so i have enough room in the bed for the rest of the aluminum.

More Copper, Brass, Tin and Steel too. I'll be hauling out for ages, and when i'm done i should be able to stop at the chrysler dealership and order an engine block ;D
Dang! :eek:

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I got about $600 set aside already just for the 426 Engine Block, and i'm hauling out junk so that number keeps growing  ;D

EDIT : I've got more than that, but $350 goes to Tony, some is gonna buy the Demon Clip & Tail, and a Sandblaster too. Priorities, most important stuff first and i can put the leftover cash toward the "426 Savings"

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
ChrisKD said:
I got about $600 set aside already just for the 426 Engine Block, and i'm hauling out junk so that number keeps growing ;D

EDIT : I've got more than that, but $350 goes to Tony, some is gonna buy the Demon Clip & Tail, and a Sandblaster too. Priorities, most important stuff first and i can put the leftover cash toward the "426 Savings"
I have a blaster I'll sell you cheap. It needs a new tip and a shutoff valve. $30 and it's yours. {yes}

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
mopar65pa said:
I have a blaster I'll sell you cheap. It needs a new tip and a shutoff valve. $30 and it's yours. {yes}
Pressurized? I had a craptastic Siphon Feed setup and sold it cause i hated it. Constantly clogged and i had to shake the blaster every 2 minutes for the sand to settle to the bottom :p

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Pressurized? I had a craptastic Siphon Feed setup and sold it cause i hated it. Constantly clogged and i had to shake the blaster every 2 minutes for the sand to settle to the bottom :p
pressurized. ;)

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
mopar65pa said:
pressurized. ;)
Sweet, bring that bad boy along with the 340 and 273 Intake when you come over ;D

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Sweet, bring that bad boy along with the 340 and 273 Intake when you come over ;D
The sand needs to be dumped out of it. I put play sand in it thinking that sifting it would work. {no} Too big of chunks yet. {rant}

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Well i haven't really done much to the Demon since the last post.

Here she sits among my other a-bodies.

Needs some TLC on the Rear Frame Rails (gonna relocate the springs anyway), some replacement metal in the Quarter Panels (Autobody Specialties sells Full Quarter Panels that go from the Tail Panel to the Door for $190 :eek: Awesome price considering just 1 lower quarter is $120, when i can pay $190 and get the whole thing!) and some floor pans.

Well my grandfather has a 90's Caravan sitting here that is strictly for body parts for his AWD Caravan, so once i remove those parts, the Parts Van is fair game for the Torch & Grinder ;D I'll be chopping the entire floor out to make new Floorpans for the Demon, and i'll be cutting the Subframe out of it too to make the Rear Frame Sections and Subframe Connectors for the Demon 8) Can't Argue with Free Floor Pans and Free Subframe Connectors! :p

Oh and i just realized, i've never given the '71 Demon a name yet...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I curious , did you have any plans about modifying the shock towers, I do remember when hurst built , the 68 hemi a-bodies , they modified the shock towers for engine clearances..
If this has been addressed , I apologize for bringing it up.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Furyschild said:
I curious , did you have any plans about modifying the shock towers, I do remember when hurst built , the 68 hemi a-bodies , they modified the shock towers for engine clearances..
If this has been addressed , I apologize for bringing it up.
Probably, i'm open to all suggestions though. This is my first BB/Hemi A-Body car and i know the Hemi is a tighter fit than a 440 (and most people go with the B-383/400 due to clearance anyway)

If you have pics of some Modified Towers, or anything, let me know.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
More Pics and parts!

Special Delivery from my buddy, Tim. A Rust Free / Dent Free Demon Hood (Some scratches and lots of fugly paint / touch ups), A pair of '72 Demon Fenders, And a '71 Demon Valance

A-Body Parts in nice condition like that are RARE here. He's digging out the rest of my Demon Stuff when he gets his 'Vert Dart and Hemi Cuda Clone out of storage (they're in front of the cars). I paid $400 for the Entire Front Clip (the bumper and other assorted parts are in the bed of my truck), the Tail Panel (with tail lights) and a set of Spare '71 Demon Fenders in Fair Condition (with rust holes, decent repairable fenders / patch sections / donors)

·
Registered
52,832 Posts
{cool}

81 - 100 of 115 Posts