Dodge RamCharger Central banner
41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
21,900 Posts
ChrisKD said:
I'm impressed that you remembered that, Pete. But yeah, this car will probably have it in for me :p Still, i think it'll be a blast to drive...keeping it on the road and not wrapped around a tree will be the challenge ;D
Despite what you may have heard in high school health class, Chris, long and short-term memory loss really isn't a problem. 8)

I'd stick a big block Hemi in a shortbox perhaps and call it "Li'l Whatever-color(s)-the-truck-actually-is/are Express Straight to Hell". {devil}

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
PowerWagonPete said:
I'd stick a big block Hemi in a shortbox perhaps and call it "Li'l Whatever-color(s)-the-truck-actually-is/are Express Straight to Hell". {devil}
I think it'd work well in that Dakota. ;) The only thing better than a Hemi 4 speed is a bigger Hemi 5 speed.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
85 Royal SE Prospector said:
I think it'd work well in that Dakota. ;) The only thing better than a Hemi 4 speed is a bigger Hemi 5 speed.
If i was going to do that, i'd pick up a 1979 - 1983 Plymouth Arrow (Dodge D50) 2WD. Knock the Transmission Tunnel out, knock the wheelwells out and run a 472 Supercharged Hemi 6-Speed in it, tub the bed and run the widest tires possible under the back of it. :eek:

A 440 will fit in a D50 engine compartment if you alter the core support to move the radiator (i dropped a 440 in my PW50 for laughs before i set the Diesel in it :p ) But to gain the room for a Supercharged Hemi and a 6-Speed it'd require Wheelwell "Adjustments" and a much larger Trans Tunnel.

I've got lots of dream cars, i'll never be able to build em all though. Another dream car is a 1970's Plymouth Arrow/Fire-Arrow (A 2-door Coupe, not to be confused with the Plymouth Arrow Truck) and cram a Supercharged 340 under the hood :eek: The Fire-Arrow was powered by an Optional 2.6L, the Arrow had a 2.0L, so just imagine what 340 cubes of pissed off mopar would make one of those sporty little cars do :eek: ;D

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
redram80 said:
{ttiwwop}
sounds like a sweet deal
Pics of the car? ask tony, it's at his place :p

I didn't get pics of the engine, respect for the seller. ;) Although when i get that down payment on the engine, i'll snap some pics for you guys. It is truly drool worthy.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
ChrisKD said:
If i was going to do that, i'd pick up a 1979 - 1983 Plymouth Arrow (Dodge D50) 2WD. Knock the Transmission Tunnel out, knock the wheelwells out and run a 472 Supercharged Hemi 6-Speed in it, tub the bed and run the widest tires possible under the back of it. :eek:

A 440 will fit in a D50 engine compartment if you alter the core support to move the radiator (i dropped a 440 in my PW50 for laughs before i set the Diesel in it :p ) But to gain the room for a Supercharged Hemi and a 6-Speed it'd require Wheelwell "Adjustments" and a much larger Trans Tunnel.

I've got lots of dream cars, i'll never be able to build em all though. Another dream car is a 1970's Plymouth Arrow/Fire-Arrow (A 2-door Coupe, not to be confused with the Plymouth Arrow Truck) and cram a Supercharged 340 under the hood :eek: The Fire-Arrow was powered by an Optional 2.6L, the Arrow had a 2.0L, so just imagine what 340 cubes of pissed off mopar would make one of those sporty little cars do :eek: ;D
I don't have such a problem not having to clearance everything imaginable. ;D

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
85 Royal SE Prospector said:
I don't have such a problem not having to clearance everything imaginable. ;D
That's half the fun of a custom project, bringing out the torch, bfh and the welder ;D

Ask the regulars here, i'm always into some kind of wild off the wall type project that most people wouldn't begin to attempt. I started my PW50 Project simply because i got bored one night and decided i wanted a Turbo Diesel 4x4 D50 on 40" Tires :p

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
ChrisKD said:
i got bored one night and decided i wanted a Turbo Diesel 4x4 D50 on 40" Tires :p
that's awesome {cool} - I can relate to that :)

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Mad Max said:
that's awesome {cool} - I can relate to that :)
Alot of my projects start that way.

Before the Dusters were even here, my dad and i were discussing em. He thought it'd be cool to stick a 5.7 Hemi in one, so i gave him one of the cars and told myself i was gonna stick a 426 in the other. Then began the search for the elusive elephant motor. Two things were certain, it had to be a 426 (or stroker) Hemi and it had to go in a 1971 Plymouth Duster / Dodge Demon (my favorite year of the A-Body)

Nothing else was set in stone, now i've got most of it figured out in my head, exactly how i want the car set up.

1971 Dodge Demon
Amber Fog/Driving Lights (vintage low profile 1970's oval sealed beams) in the Lower Valance
Hemi (With Dual Quads)
4-Speed (with Pistol Grip and a Center Console, Awww yeah!)
Air Conditioning :eek: (Yep A/C in a Hemi Demon :eek: )
Sunroof (Fully Removeable Glass "Pop-out" style)
4-Wheel Disc Brakes
Front & Rear Sway Bars

Basicly it will be the all around awesome Daily Driver/Summer Driver, something i can take out and have fun with and turn heads. I like driving my toys alot in the spring/summer/fall.

·
Registered
52,684 Posts

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Well the guy sold the engine to someone else instead (told him i'd have the money by today, apparently that wasn't good enough so he sold it last night) so i'm back to my original plan of buying it 1 piece at a time.

So as soon as i pay tony (hey tony, check your messages..i'll have the full amount for you  ;D ) i'll place an order at the dealership for the Engine Block ($3,000  :eek: The Dealership had the best price, can you beleive that?!) , and then once my wallet is out of the Intensive Care Unit i'll order the Heads...followed by the pistons..

Welp, there goes several years worth of any extra cash and splurging on projects  :p

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
That stinks.  :'(

Hey you never know maybe one will com along complete at a better price.  ;)

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
mopar65pa said:
Hey you never know maybe one will com along complete at a better price. ;)
That would be awesome, but i've got a better chance of winning the Powerball lottery than finding a complete new mopar perf 426 for less than 4,500 :p Aren't those odds somewhere in the billions? :-\ And seeing as i just missed a near complete mopar perf 426...well... :p

I'll keep my eye out until i have the cash saved up for the block, if by then i don't find something i'll order the engine block.

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
ChrisKD said:
That would be awesome, but i've got a better chance of winning the Powerball lottery than finding a complete new mopar perf 426 for less than 4,500 :p Aren't those odds somewhere in the billions? :-\ And seeing as i just missed a near complete mopar perf 426...well... :p

I'll keep my eye out until i have the cash saved up for the block, if by then i don't find something i'll order the engine block.
You never know man. It could happen. ;D

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Oh, man - that really sucks  :-\

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Leeann said:
Oh, man - that really sucks :-\
And i was serious when i told him i'd have the cash by today, i called in a few favors from some family members and was going to borrow the remaining amount i needed from them to pay for the engine.

To be honest, i don't think the guy sold the engine. I think he either changed his mind about selling it, or he's bluffing and will try calling back in a week or so to attempt to sell it for more under the guise of "higher offers from other buyers." Which i would still be ok with paying more, if he would willingly admit he couldn't let it go for the price he had originally mentioned.

But if it turns out i'm right, and he's just beating around the bush instead of saying it outright...well that kind of crap pisses me off and i will tell him where he can put that engine (i may lose out on the deal of a lifetime, but i'm not about to play games with someone)

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
ChrisKD said:
And i was serious when i told him i'd have the cash by today, i called in a few favors from some family members and was going to borrow the remaining amount i needed from them to pay for the engine.

To be honest, i don't think the guy sold the engine. I think he either changed his mind about selling it, or he's bluffing and will try calling back in a week or so to attempt to sell it for more under the guise of "higher offers from other buyers." Which i would still be ok with paying more, if he would willingly admit he couldn't let it go for the price he had originally mentioned.

But if it turns out i'm right, and he's just beating around the bush instead of saying it outright...well that kind of crap pisses me off and i will tell him where he can put that engine (i may lose out on the deal of a lifetime, but i'm not about to play games with someone)
Or you can just tell him flat out I'll give you $3500 now since you jerked me around! :mad:

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
mopar65pa said:
Or you can just tell him flat out I'll give you $3500 now since you jerked me around! :mad:
Kinda what i had in mind too.

The reason i think he's screwing around on the deal and didn't really sell it... He has a certain "air" about him, and he called me at the garage to tell me someone bought the engine. I'm finding that a bit odd, considering his previous "deals" for that engine. First he was supposedly trading the Engine for a '69 Superbee, then that deal didn't go through and he was supposedly trading it for 2 Vettes, then i told him i'd have the money in hand (by today) for him to turn around and say he sold it.

What do you think the chances are that he'll call back next week saying the current deal with the buyer fell through ::) :p

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
ChrisKD said:
What do you think the chances are that he'll call back next week saying the current deal with the buyer fell through ::) :p
90% ;D

41 - 60 of 115 Posts