Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
52,684 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
they do look like the mancini ones. an those are better pics of them installed. i think there worth there weight.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
mopar65pa said:
I need that rottissori! {yes}
Didn't you see the Rotiserre Mounts in the floor of my Paint Booth?. We poured 4 "mounts" in the floor of the paint booth to mount a removeable & adjustable Rotiserre to the floor. The actual unit is going to be built from simple 2" Sqaure Tubing (like i built the bumpers on the Diesel from) and it'll use a modified Electric Boat Winch and a Chevy Flywheel to rotate the vehicle

Just a thought for your garage. Once i start building the Rotiserre i can give you the dimensions for it. I'm building mine to be adjustable so i can mount just a Cab or Bed to it, or an Entire Car or Truck 8)

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
52,684 Posts

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Awesome Plans! Gives me some ideas for building mine ;D
{yes}

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yeeehaww, ride the lightning  ;D

Tony knows these details already, but that $4,500 Engine Block and Heads turned out to be a mostly complete (never fired) 426 Hemi with lots of custom parts(like a gear drive timing set).  The seller had a deal going on where he was supposed to be trading the Hemi for a '69 Superbee, but the 'bee owner couldn't find the the title to the car  ::)

The seller was supposed to call back last week to let me know if the deal went through, if it didn't he was going to sell the engine to me.  I figured he traded it for the car, until 5 minutes ago when he showed up at my door saying he lost my phone number and wanted to know if i was still interested in the engine.... Hell Yes i am!  8)

I'm going tomorrow to check the engine out, it supposed to be mostly complete (needs balanced, needs an intake, carbs and a few small parts) and he says he's got the paperwork from HP Engines in State College to show what all he had done to it.  If it's to my liking we agreed i'd give him a small amount of cash down on it, and then i'd pay it off once i finished up another deal (you know this deal, Tony  :p )

Oh yeah, and my A-Body Parts guy found me all the parts i need to turn the Duster Tub/Shell into a '71 Demon.  Dirt cheap i might add, and he said there was no rush on the cash while i worked out more important deals (Tony, followed by the 426)

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
{cool}

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
So how close you gettin' to the cost of that crate motor?  ;D

That's awesome that it's also going to become a Demon. A Hemi 4spd Demon will be pretty cool, but you know now you need to make it a '70 Demon, right?

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
85 Royal SE Prospector said:
So how close you gettin' to the cost of that crate motor? ;D

That's awesome that it's also going to become a Demon. A Hemi 4spd Demon will be pretty cool, but you know now you need to make it a '70 Demon, right?
Well it's $4,500 for the 426 (with a Stroker Crank), with an A-Body Oil Pan, and Shatter-proof Bellhousing

I figure another $1,500 in Machine Work and Parts. So about 6k vs a 13k or 14k Crate Engine.

Gonna use my lunch break to go look at the engine, and of course my dad wants to go along too ;D I'll let you guys know how it goes

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Gonna use my lunch break to go look at the engine, and of course my dad wants to go along too ;D I'll let you guys know how it goes
{gloating} of course dad wants to go too... :p

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
mopar65pa said:
{gloating} of course dad wants to go too... :p
Engine was everything promised, and more :eek: So right now i'm trying to gather up the cash for that down payment. I swear i was drooling. Shiny new parts in plastic, paperwork {drool}

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
sweeet dude {cool}

{popcorn} {popcorn}

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
ChrisKD said:
Engine was everything promised, and more :eek: So right now i'm trying to gather up the cash for that down payment. I swear i was drooling. Shiny new parts in plastic, paperwork {drool}
{gloating} {drool} ;D

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Mad Max said:
sweeet dude {cool}

{popcorn} {popcorn}
You should have that baby, it was sooo pretty. A Mopar Perf 426 Block under a layer of dust, new Mopar Perf Heads on the shelf beside it, a stroker crank still in the plastic beside that, new 12.5-1 pistons still in the box, roller cam and lifters beside that, valves still in the boxes, rods still in the box... And then the guy hands me and my dad a folder with papers in it for all the stuff, reaches down under the shelf and pulls out a Hansen Bellhousing and says "this goes with it too."

mopar65pa said:
You got that right, i'm in the garage right now looking around and saying.. "Dont need that, can sell it...don't need that i can scrap that..." :p I wanna jump on that engine and all the goodies that go with it before somebody else does

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
ChrisKD said:
I wanna jump on that engine and all the goodies that go with it before somebody else does
{yes}

·
Registered
21,900 Posts
Damn Chris, an elephant motor in a Demon?  Cancer might not have killed you but this might.  LOL  ;D

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
PowerWagonPete said:
Damn Chris, an elephant motor in a Demon? Cancer might not have killed you but this might. LOL ;D
I'm impressed that you remembered that, Pete. But yeah, this car will probably have it in for me :p Still, i think it'll be a blast to drive...keeping it on the road and not wrapped around a tree will be the challenge ;D

21 - 40 of 115 Posts