Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
You dont clip power poles or parked cars as you drive by? 馃ぃ

Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Last thing I needed was another project but how can you say no to free?!
Free is good my friend. 馃憤
He (or she) who dies with the most toys - wins 馃榿

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
You can see all the way to tomorrow in these mirrors! No car sits high enough lol

Super Moderator

Super Moderator
Hey check this out, Steve Magnate just released this video on this Jeep and talks about the Willys 馃憤

Administrator

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
After looking it over a little bit, I'm thinking I might try to keep the willys frame. I won't know for sure until I get the body off but it doesn't appear as rough as I thought. Looks like they welded the main engine crossmember out of a dodge into the willys frame. If I get the body off and it looks solid, I may grab some metal and box the frame. I figure that would be easier fab work than getting the cab and fenders to fit the dodge frame. Plus, there's a pretty significant wheelbase difference so the dodge frame would need shortened. We'll see how it works out.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
What a job! Decided the best thing to do was to start removing the body so I could get a look at everything. Rust everywhere lol. It's been sitting in a field for 15 years. The cab is pretty solid, it will need some rocker repair, floor repair and a cab corner but it's all pretty straight forward. The bed is trashed. Bed sides would probably be usable but all the crossmembers etc are junk. Might end up fabbing a bed or flat bedding it. The frame is yet to be determined. I will probably repair it mainly with stuff I have on hand, ratrod style. My middle son is excited about it so I gotta do something lol. He worked with me all day on it and it was cold in the barn cause no heat. Snowing outside.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts