Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where might I find 15"/8 lug plain Jane steel rims ? Want to change the tire size on my '78 W20 Pickup.Did any trucks come factory equipe 3/4 ton with 15' rims? Just being cheap, 15" tires should cost less than 16".

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Will the 15 inch clear you brakes and calipers?

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
They probably won't clear the calipers without some grinding. Go to www.natltire.com or any of the big national offroad tire dealers, they all have regular black and white steel wheels for decent prices.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
15" with 8 lug will be VERY hard to find!!! Not made new anymore but you should be able to find some if you look enough. Another member on here just found a set, don't remember where tho. Try ebay?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not hard to find at all still made in an assortment of widths black or white spokes.Try us wheel for starters.

·
Registered
422 Posts
bought 4 new 15" chrome 5 spoke for $73 each at big-o they also had white painted if you want (probably less).

No 3/4 ton truck that I know of came with 15" rims and you will need to grind down your calipers to fit.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
thegrimreaper said:
Not hard to find at all still made in an assortment of widths black or white spokes.Try us wheel for starters.
OMG he's right!! ::) Ok, I just realized where I screwed up. I had been looking for 16.5 x 5 lug! (duh, my mistake) ::)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts