Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting a bigger driveshaft in my 83' RC. I have found a bigger yoke for the rear-end, but I can't find one for the t-case. The only slip yoke I found for the drive shaft is out of a 2-ton chevy and I think it will hold a 1410 u-joint, but I haven't been able to find a yoke that big for a 208. Do they make a special u-joint that will work with my stock yoke and that big of a driveshaft? Is there any other trucks, maybe in a junkyard,. that used the same yoke that I need ?

THANKS

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
SEE the service review board and look up K&M Driveline, get there phone # and call them.

They will have what you need, you are not gonna find 1410 on a 208 in a junkyard unless someone else paid for the conversion and then junked the vehicle, you are going to have to buy the yoke, and make a shaft for your RC, and buy another a yoke for your rear in 1410. There is no 14 to 13 series conversion joints.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
208s were used behind some earlier Cummins Rams, and those had big driveshafts. It may take some hunting, but their gotta still be some, somewhere.

Ed

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
They didn't use 1410's just large diameter shafts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.