Dodge RamCharger Central banner

12valve performance parts

774 views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  swamthang 
#1 ·
I have looked all over the web and it doesnt look like anybody sells performance parts for the 1st gen 5.9s does anybody round hear know where to find stuff like bigger turbo's injectors any performance parts I want this truck to push around 500hp to the ground or more.

#2 ·
If you can't find any info on here you can go to................ DTR ;)

#3 ·
our website is having issues...again...but I make cold air intakes and 4" custom downpipes specifically for the 1st gen (89-93) Cummins rigs. Keep an eye on a project truck in work in Diesel World magazine - our hardware is all on that rig.

ASA Modifieds - http://www.asamodifieds.com/

- Sam

#4 ·
Look at the DDP injectors. After a lot of research I got the 55LPM injectors. Make SURE they are for the first gens!!!!!! I would also look into the Low pressure Piston Lift Pump so you get a good supply to the IP( in my Gold RC build thread I have the part #s listed). Padi has a good 3 pc exhaust manifold for the 2nd gen & it WILL fit the first gen but it moves the turbo a little. I would also look at the S300 turbos in the 62-71-14 sizing. Are you looking at a standard or auto trans? You might want to up grade the fuel lines from the tank to the LP to 3/8" or better yet 1/2". ETC,ETC,ETC,ETC.
Jim

#7 ·
s ǝoɾ said:
You could show him to our own link section before sending him offsite. :p
I figured he wasn't like me and took the time to look the site over completely before asking. :p

#8 ·
cummins trailduster said:
I guss I should of put some info bout the truck in the first post its a 92 RC with a 92 CTD and 5spd dana 60s front and rear and its getting delivered to me on the 15th of july but I figured I should start finding go fast parts now. Mad Max how much is your cold air kit
$219 from PDR Diesel Performance - they are our exclusive retailer, and the ones that did the initial dyno testing for our Intakes. http://www.pdrdiesel.com/products/ASA_Modifieds_1st_Gen_Dodge_Cold_Air_Intake_System_1989_93_only_w_aFe_Filter-604-37.html
Ask for Mark Wilson - he'll hook you up. Also, remember that the more you 'bomb' the engine the more heat you'll produce, and that heat is enemy. I would almost recommend doing the exhaust system before you crank up the engine, because the exhaust heat is the #1 bottleneck against performance gains. We sell the downpipes directly from the shop here in Colorado so you would go through me directly, and the DP's are $225. They are completely hand-fabricated (by yours truely) to fit a 1st Gen Dodge, with either a standard or wastegated turbo collar, and will fit auto or manual tranny.

This is the finished DP -

close-up of the top -

A good buddy of mine names Tim Worline is also making performance goodies for the 1st gen rigs - he makes the other side of the intake system and the kits are called CoolerTubz. I'm searching for a homepage for his products, but a quick google of coolertubz will hit lots of commentary from several forums.

Keep an eye on Diesel World Magazine in the upcomming months - Tim and I are sponsoring their 1st gen project truck.

- Sam

#11 ·
As soon as I take delivery of the RC I'll contact you for that down pipe I'm sure that a set of twins will be going on will your down pipe work with that kit
It funny you mention twins - the short answer is 'yes'. Mark and I were talking about exhaust sizes as compared to how much "turbo" is in front of it, and 4" is the optimum size for anything up to around 500 hp - any bigger and the 'heat-flow' is interrupted and the scavenging effect is diminished. In other words, unless you are pushing BIG boost - 100-150 psi range, the 4" exhaust pipe is plenty.

As well, we tested bigger intake sizes, bigger than a 4" intake, and found no increased benefits at all, again even on twins. Mark dyno'd a big horse Cummins rig and found the 5" (or bigger) intakes had no increases in horsepower at all - the 4" intakes 'allow' all the air a set of twins can ingest. The added perk of a 4" system is they fit a lot better than the 5" or 6" plumbing - that stuff is way too huge.

For my own tug boat '93 Ram "Big Mack", I will also be doing twins with the PDR HX-35h turbo on top and the good ole' HT3B below, and I'll be retaining both the 4" intake and exhaust sizes.

Drop me a line when you get ready for the DP - be happy to hook you up.

jungle said:
For 500 HP you might want to "O" ring the head also.
San that is one sweet down pipe!!!!!!!! Are you going to do a write up here on RCC with the build you & Tim are doing?
Jim

PS;
Sam & Tim have some AWESOME products!!!!
Thanks Jim :). Yah I do want to do a write up but I feel I need to become a Vendor beforehand so I'm getting that squared away soonest and getting the website back on its feet. We've had some big software issues, and I'm looking at a new web host. It's always something...

#13 ·
I am buying this RC sight un seen so the first thing I do will be making sure that the KDP has been fixed then starting on the go fast stuff so I will get ahold of you for that pipe fo sho does anybody know how hard it is to fix the KDP this is my first time turning wrenches on a diesel other than changing oil and fuel filters

#16 ·
jungle said:
did you check in the sticky? I remember reading a great how to on this.You'll also want to locktite the timing case mounting bolts because they can cause just as much damage. Are you buying the RC with the CTD already installed?
Jim
It is already in the truck and it is driving {cruise} the body is rust free with some small hail dings and a dent right above the rear bumper. thinking about switching the body with my 79 TD and selling the RC body dont know yet i like the idea of A/C witch the TD does not have and I'm picking the RC up for $4500 with delivery to Den {cool}

#17 ·
It is already in the truck and it is driving the body is rust free with some small hail dings and a dent right above the rear bumper. thinking about switching the body with my 79 TD and selling the RC body dont know yet i like the idea of A/C witch the TD does not have and I'm picking the RC up for $4500 with delivery to Den
:eek: rust free and a Cummins! Dang that's a good price. {yes}

#23 ·
swamthang said:
hey just wonderin did ya buy the damcharger?
That's what I'm hopeing for anyway I'm buying it from Mark Nixon in Ne and have heard some stuff bout him but its a go for July 15th as far as I know I emailed him this morning bout some stuff but have not heard back do you or anybody round hear know anything bout this RC I'm going at this sale kinda blind can't get any time off work to go out and look at it till it gets hear

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.