Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
What is the closest 12V switched source to the radiator, on my 76RC? Don't want to run wire from where I have my electric choke powered up unless I have to.
Thanks for suggestions.

Mac

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
The wire for your electric choke is probably the closest. :( You can trace the wire your electric choke connects to, it should run between the ignition switch, voltage regulator, alternator, and either the coil + or the ECU, depending on ignition type.

-SM

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought but just checking. I appreciate it.

Mac

Slanted_Mind said:
The wire for your electric choke is probably the closest. :( You can trace the wire your electric choke connects to, it should run between the ignition switch, voltage regulator, alternator, and either the coil + or the ECU, depending on ignition type.

-SM

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Good gravy! Run you 30c worth of wire from your fuse box to wherever you need it. It isn't a good habit to just "patch" into the wiring harness or off electrical items.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd rather not. My engine compartment looks good and I'd rather keep it looking that way so minimizing the wire length you have to run reduces voltage drop as well as unsightly wires. Splicing wiring is not a problem if you know what you are doing and what you are connecting to. The voltage I am seeking is to power a relay not the actual device.

Not a question of money

Mac

ramchargertodd said:
Good gravy! Run you 30c worth of wire from your fuse box to wherever you need it. It isn't a good habit to just "patch" into the wiring harness or off electrical items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts