Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I would take this opportunity to talk about our dropping dimes ;)

Not too long ago, I was perusing the local coin market and noticed that the going rate for a circulated 10 cent piece (90% silver content) which was minted on or before the year of ninteen hundred and sixtey four, (pre 64 Dime in laymens terms) is trading at nearly $1.40 in Federal Reserve promisary notes of today. thats 14 times its face value!!

Them dimes sure have purchasing power, for one of em, I can now purchase 14 dimes of todays currency.

Just think,, in a few more years I might be able to buy 140 dimes of the modern currency with my old dime from 1964, wouldn't that be great?? heck, at the rate we are going, with the fed printing money to buy our own debt, it may go all the way up to 1400 dimes or more, for my old wore out dime,, I will be Rich beyond my wildest imagination.

Wait a minute,, Wouldn't it be better for me to just keep my old worn out dime and not buy into the less valuable future dimes?? I could spend my dime on 14 dimes now,, but in a few years, I would not even be able to buy my old dime back with those 14 dimes, even if I saved them,, if the forecast above were to come to pass, then I would have to work and produce the difference of 126 more dimes if I decided to buy my old dime back, and what if it went all the way to an exchange rate of 1400 future dimes to one of my beat up and worn out old dimes,, I would need to work very productively for a long long time, and would not see any gains or be able to break even and purchase my original old dime back, until such time as I had earned another 1389 dimes,, That just doesn't sound like a very good plan.

So it leads me to believe that the people that who have taken charge of the valuation of our currency have scammed us,, Boy I am glad I figured it out when my dime was only worth a buck forty, trading it now would be like buyin 14 wooden nickles ;) I guess its a good thing that I got a whole lotta dimes for two and a half modern 10 cent pieces each some years ago ;)

Is your dime working for you just being in your pocket? or is your dime one of the new ones that are working against you even when you save it.

The currency of a free people, works for them, but the currency of an endentured servant works against them.

·
Registered
537 Posts
so i bought the dime at $0.75, i sold the dime taday fer $1.30, all 2,770 of them, by lunch we took those federal reserve notes and added them to another pile of FRN's i had in the sock dwar. with that pile now collected we went down to a friends shop and picked out a 07 superglide, our aniversery will be a fun one.....  ;D  and ta think i saved about $1,700 by letting the cash sit in dimes for the last two years, just collecting dust and value  ;) ... HUBBA HUBBA !!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.