Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad in the early to mid 80's was heavily involved with Score and baja race trucks.Back when the trucks were still "trucks" rather than tube frames with fiberglass bodies. He was telling me about some of the cool stuff they did back in the day to make the vehicles do what they had to do.For Instance almost none of the trucks ran a true suspension lift even the big 4wd's. Instead they ran a small body lift in the front and longer shackles in the rear so the frame was actually tilted forward.It allowed the center of gravity to remain low while still getting more suspension travel out of the rear. Up front the inner fenders were removed to allow the tires to cycle and help cool the engine which was usually a 340 or 355 for dodges with an RV cam and mid-high rpm intake manifold. Anyone seen a setup like that before?I can't seem to find any references to stuff like that anymore.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
RedneckInTraining said:
….. and help cool the engine which was usually a 340 or 355 for dodges with an RV cam and mid-high rpm intake manifold. Anyone seen a setup like that before?I can't seem to find any references to stuff like that anymore.
SCORE rules probably dictated stuff like suspension mods allowed, and max engine displacements, per vehicle class, in similar fashion as other racing organizations did, like NASCAR.

You need to tell more of your Dad's stories…

Ed

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, my dad had a tubular dash installed in his 79 w100 because he managed to break all of the dash mounts off and it started bouncing around the cab while doing 80 MPH+ out in the desert :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.