Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. a friend of mine has an 08 ram 3500 diesel dually 4x4 with 26000 miles on it. He took it to the dealer because it was wondering when he drove it. They said his ball joints were worn out. He asked me if this was a typical problem or just a rare happening. Now I am asking you guys.

·
Registered
29,343 Posts
jack it up and check them to see / for a wandering problem l,d say track bar and not the BJ,s

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
I have heard the modern ball joints don't last as long as one would think they should. But that's generally in a magazine article that's showing installation of an aftermarket replacement.
Dynatrac is one of those replacements that's claiming more strength and longevity, and theirs are rebuildable.
http://dynatrac.com/products_prosteer_balljoints.html

But if the dealer will replace them under warranty, I'd let them do it and not worry about it until the waranty expires (assuming they can do it without screwing something else up).

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer replaced all the ball joints under warranty for him (and I am assuming did an alignment ect). He says the truck drives like new now. Just find it hard to believe that ball joints only last 26000 miles. That's why I have an 82 and not an 08. BTW my friend is in his early 60's and not hard on his truck. Hauls firewood occasionally but usually its just his dog in the back.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Well, just to smart off about old people, how often and how hard do his tires contact the curb while parking?
(I had parallel parking at the senior center, but he's not that old yet)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Donk said:
Well, just to smart off about old people, how often and how hard do his tires contact the curb while parking?
(I had parallel parking at the senior center, but he's not that old yet)
Lmao. Where we live there are no curbs. I dont think that truck has been into town with the exception of the recent dealer visit in 6 months. It is pretty curb safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts