Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok local parts store failed or durango with 65k miles for a drivers front wheel bearing. they even claimed it was so bad we would hear it when we turned left at any point. we don't hear anything.

now we need to do the wheel bearing to legally drive it. I believe they are full of sh*t but we did just pull an ever loaded screwhual 350 miles so they may need replaced so.

any one know the parts number for the driver front wheel bearings and the cheapest place to get them.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
I wouldn't go cheap or you may be replacing them sooner than necessary.  Also they tend to be messy if they lock up.  I'd go with NAPA or better.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Elwenil said:
I wouldn't go cheap or you may be replacing them sooner than necessary. Also they tend to be messy if they lock up. I'd go with NAPA or better.
X10!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes thats why I'm asking hear is for the cheapest place to get non cheap parts.

I want china price with real quality... or as close as I can get.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
lopaka311 said:
yes thats why I'm asking hear is for the cheapest place to get non cheap parts.

I want china price with real quality... or as close as I can get.
Good lick with that. ;)

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol I know its going to cost more than I want the vip idiots said $150 if some one can help get me a part number I should be able to find something cheaper than that with higher quality.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
You are looking at buying hub assemblies, not just a front wheel bearing.  Good news?  Labor isn't bad.  Bad news?  Hub assemblies aren't cheap.

A few questions you'll need to have answers for...

Does your Durango have 4-wheel ABS or rear wheel ABS?  Easiest way to tell is checking for reluctor fins on the back of your front rotors...if they have them, it should be four wheel.

Do you need the hub assembly with or without the sensor?  

Do you want hub assemblies with a 3 month or 12 month warranty?  PGB is lower line and BRG is higher line, but I haven't seen either line coming back with defects/complaints.

You're looking at anywhere from $127 for a hub assembly, 3 month warranty, w/o sensor, and w/o 4W ABS....to $300 for a hub assembly, 12 month warranty, w/ sensor, and 4W ABS.  

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
our mitsubishi in disguise does not have any sensors/fins on the front that I can find.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so looking at the online pictures at napa they come with the lugs and all?

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Yup, it's a full hub assembly just like on the '94 and up trucks.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
atowinram said:
Do you want hub assemblies with a 3 month or 12 month warranty? PBR is lower line and BRG is higher line, but I haven't seen either line coming back with defects/complaints.
so by pbr do you mean pgb or pabst blue ribbon? or am I missing something on napa's web site?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've never dealt with any thing 94 and up... the crap they come up with to make a buck sucks.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and now I should ask what's it take to remove a hub assembly?

and is their a difference between the left hub and the right hub when ordering from napa... I noticed the some of them do differentiate between the 2 some don't on the napa sight.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Check Rockauto.com, looks like you might be able to get a Timken hub assembly there cheaper than the cheaper NAPA line.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Sorry...the lines are PGB and BRG...the bearing numbers begin with PBR and BR respectively...long day.  :-\

If they have the sensors, the hub assemblies will differentiate between left & right.  The hub assemblies w/o the 3-bolt mounting plate are for 2WD's and held on by an axle nut.  So, if I eliminate the sensor assemblies and 4 wheel ABS, these are the numbers I come up with...

2x4

PGB PBR930361  $126.69
BRG BR930361    $136.88

4x4

PGB PBR930207   $126.69
BRG BR930207     $192.99

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i'm assuming that the switch on the dash that allows it to go between 2 and 4 wheel drive makes it a 4x2 thus I would need the PGB PBR930361  $126.69 is this correct?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
lopaka311 said:
i'm assuming that the switch on the dash that allows it to go between 2 and 4 wheel drive makes it a 4x2 thus I would need the PGB PBR930361 $126.69 is this correct?
Nope...makes it a 4x4, so you would need PGB PBR930207 $126.69

Have the parts store look up the part for you , then have them see if they came up with the same number (if you go to NAPA) or have them interchange our number against theirs. The online listing isn't exactly my favorite thing to work from, and I may have missed a detail somewhere. :)

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so what exactly is a 4x2? I know a 2x4 is wood is a 4x2 plastic or something? lol but seriously what makes a 4x2?

·
2013 Ram 1500 2014 Challenger SXT
2,275 Posts
lopaka311 said:
so what exactly is a 4x2? I know a 2x4 is wood is a 4x2 plastic or something? lol but seriously what makes a 4x2?
2 wheel drive

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so let me get this strait if you vehicle is 2 wheel drive its a 4x2 if you have a switch on the dash that lets you go from 2 wheel -4 wheel drive its a 4x4? these things have never made sense to me.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts