Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has an '01 Durango with a 5.2 that drops to zero oil pressure every now & then (and warning light comes on). He uses synthetic oil and I know he's pretty regular about his oil changes. He had a dealer test the sending unit and it checked out fine.

I know I had similar problems on my pre-magnum truck and it turned out to be a massive collection of valve seal bits in the pickup screen. Does this problem still occur on Magnum engines? The truck only has 60k miles.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Magnum engines have high quality valve seals. you should never see them in the oil pan. I still say its the sending unit starting to flake out. I would just replace it no matter what. Now does the oil pressure hold steady at highway speeds then drop off after you come to a stop for awhile and let it idle? If so that could be main bearings.

·
Premium Member
6,507 Posts
My Moms durango did this and it turned out not to be the sender after it did it numerous times, unfortunately when it finally went and never worked again i told them to take and bring to me the old pump which my Mom left in a bag at repair shop far away so i can't tell you why it happened or what caused it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.