Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has an '01 Durango with a 5.2 that drops to zero oil pressure every now & then (and warning light comes on). He uses synthetic oil and I know he's pretty regular about his oil changes. He had a dealer test the sending unit and it checked out fine.

I know I had similar problems on my pre-magnum truck and it turned out to be a massive collection of valve seal bits in the pickup screen. Does this problem still occur on Magnum engines? The truck only has 60k miles.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
On my 85, the oil pressure drops lower and lower the longer I drive, but that is because I have a leaky rear main seal that I'm waiting for warm weather to replace. Seeing as how he uses synthetic, any oil leak will be worse than standard oil. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Easiest thing to do is to put a mechanical guage in and verify you have a problem. I have never liked sending units and electric guages. Try the mechanical and make sure the oil pressure is dropping. Fairly easy to hook up and gives a lot more accurate reading.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
2 of these posts, i answered 1 already you should see that 1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts