Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stumbled across this in my daily searches:

Stock 360 besides a cold air intake if you count those. 4 speed auto. 55k miles. What are your fellas thoughts on this rig? I feel as though 20k is too much considering there is one on fb now with a 408 stroker with 11k miles on it for 8k.

Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle White

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Car

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Way over priced. Cloth interior, rust under it. Nope.
Low mileage, nice paint, probably not a common item up for sale. But I would half that price at least. I just saw a running and driving durango R/T for $1600

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d think It would be a 20K truck if there was no underbody rust, like none. Thought about riding up there and seeing if they’d take ten for it but I know I’d leave with them laughin lol

·
Registered
553 Posts
20k haha, sorry but sounds like the facebook deal is actually better for once. I probably wouldn't pay 11k for something off there but still 20k for this is nuts IMO. The body rust is starting at least they took really good pictures of the undercarriage.

Might be cool just to go up there to look at their inventory of old rides though.

In all honesty for 20k even by today's standards and inflation you could build something awesome with that kind of money. But it will take time and effort. Used cars are ridiculous right now no matter what you are looking at because of the "Need it NOW" mindset most people have.

Neil

·
Super Moderator
1,341 Posts
I’ve been to that place and it’s down right strange. Old shopping mall turned in to a maggot flipper consignment lot. Lots of cool stuff, they generally leave ya alone and let ya wonder around, everything is priced at least 2x what it’s worth.

This look like a $20k truck to anybody?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve been to that place and it’s down right strange. Old shopping mall turned in to a maggot flipper consignment lot. Lots of cool stuff, they generally leave ya alone and let ya wonder around, everything is priced at least 2x what it’s worth.

This look like a $20k truck to anybody?
Everyone I showed the Dakota to said it was a 10k truck max. That one you linked is a dolled up beater to me

·
Super Moderator
1,341 Posts
Exactly. The one I posted is also about $10k max and I'd have a real hard time paying that when I only have $5k in to mine. The real problem with shops like this is that people actually pay their ask and make life harder for the rest of us. Still a cool spot to kill a couple hours and who knows, might be a bargain or two mixed in.

Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Hood Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
704 Posts
Out of all the cars listed on that site I like this dodge the most.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
You know that modern thinking from the 90's where students were told they were all special and got a trophy?

Now everyone thinks their used car is special...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Agreed. Not only their car is special, they think they are one of a kind too.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The covid market doesn’t help either. When I was looking for my RC a while ago in the beginning of the lock down there was a million and one trucks out there. now there’s a handful of shitty rigs that are priced way above value

·
Registered
553 Posts
Out of all the cars listed on that site I like this dodge the most.

This one is interesting, but looks like they rushed throwing it together to sell it instead of finishing it out correctly. They painted the hood ornament???? That was the dead tell all sign to me not to mention the hole they cut in the seat for the shifter and the interior roof? Plus the drivetrain components underneath. This has potential, but needs lots of upgrading. That 9.25 in the rear looks scary to me too based on its condition. At least it is a big block with the 5 speed setup. Parts are there at least. Damn 32k, phew!!!!

Neil

Reactions: Panda and Lzed

·
Registered
704 Posts
The covid market doesn’t help either. When I was looking for my RC a while ago in the beginning of the lock down there was a million and one trucks out there. now there’s a handful of shitty rigs that are priced way above value
If it's any comfort to you, prices started dropping in Europe in the last 2 months, up to 20-30%.

I guess people started doing business again, do not see cars as good investment, and are no longer hiding in their trenches, sitting on gold ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it's any comfort to you, prices started dropping in Europe in the last 2 months, up to 20-30%.

I guess people started doing business again, do not see cars as good investment, and are no longer hiding in their trenches, sitting on gold ;)
USA’s economy/job market/opportunities were great for me, especially around early 2019. I landed a job i by no means qualified for on paper, bought my challenger with a low interest rate at a good price, and toilet paper was easily found. Crazy how fast life changes in just a year.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Times are nuts as I have said on multiple threads on here. I am in the process of selling/ordering a new vehicle for the first time in my life ever! You never make money on a car unless its a classic/restoration whatever. But on a used car you bought put 2 years on worth of miles and sell it at a multiple thousand dollar profit....CRAZY!

Neil

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Times are nuts as I have said on multiple threads on here. I am in the process of selling/ordering a new vehicle for the first time in my life ever! You never make money on a car unless its a classic/restoration whatever. But on a used car you bought put 2 years on worth of miles and sell it at a multiple thousand dollar profit....CRAZY!

Neil
No kidding there! I have a 1993 F350 crewcab dually 4X4 460 Centurian that I bought about 15 years ago for about $5300. The prices on those trucks have skyrocketed the last few years. The diesel models are even crazier.

Reactions: neil4224

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gonna look at that FB Dakota 408 stroker I mentioned tomorrow.

Anyone hear that lifter noise or is it just me?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Doesn't sound like a lifter to me, just the noise of the motor IMO. Looks in decent shape, why is header wrap only on passenger side header and not driver side? Am I seeing things? Ask him for the other piece LOL.

Neil

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I seen that as well. I think I was listening too hard for something to be wrong like the lifters lol. I’m eager to see the underside. Wants 8k for it. Few dents, scrapes. Some paint fading on cab I believe. See if he’ll take 5-6.

Reactions: neil4224

·
Super Moderator
29,545 Posts
You could not pay me to buy a Dakota. One of the early '90s models might be ok, but the PCMs in the 2000s era are unreliable and are near impossible to find a quality one. The rebuilder we use through Stellantis can't even fix them anymore. In the last couple months we have had two '06 Dakotas, one 4.7L and one 4.7L HO, and an '05 all needing PCMs. The '06 4.7L just came back with it's reman PCM defective and that supplier is out and won't have one of our cores rebuilt for 6 months. Yeah, to hell with a Dakota unless you are going to gut it and just use the body like Sam. Before buying anything in the EFI era, I would be checking the parts availability first rather than end up with an expensive lawn ornament.

Reactions: neil4224 and Lzed
1 - 20 of 28 Posts