Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Custom Green on Green 318
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the largest tire that will fit under a ‘79 RC. Factory stance? I just need to buy some used tires for now to hold me over for a couple of years during the restoration process.
I can find tires or wheel/tire sets. I know 31x10.5 R15 will work but about something larger?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I have 33 12.5 on one of mine and they rub at full turn.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have 33 12.5 on one of mine and they rub at full turn.
Damn, I wanted that set up. I can’t lift it either because the clearance on the pole barn.

·
Registered
804 Posts
All depends on spring setup and how old the springs are. 33 x 12.5's have fit on some peoples with no mods. With others they rub. I would go with 31s for now then if you replace springs or add one or two you can clear the 33's with ease.

Neil

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,604 Posts
What Neil said is true, it also depends on the tire manufacturer because not all brands are the same height even though they say they are. I had these Korean made no name brand tires that were 33"×12.5" and they fit fine on my truck with sacked out springs in the front. They only rubbed at full crank or at extreme angles.

Attachments

Reactions: neil4224 and Lzed
1 - 8 of 8 Posts